Homemade Vanilla Almond Milk Creamer
I was so excited when I found out Starbucks was going to start carrying almond milk and then sorely disappointed to try it only to find it was way too sweet, and not very creamy.
A store bought carton of almond milk doesnt make a good latte. Almond milk is mostly water, so mixed with coffee, the almond flavor is totally overpowered by strong coffee.
How To Make A Pumpkin Spice Latte At Home
- For the whipped topping: In a medium mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer whip together heavy cream with sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star tip .
- For the latte: In a small saucepan whisk together milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Heat until its warmed .
- Remove from heat, stir in hot coffee or espresso and vanilla extract. Tint with food color if desired .
- Pour into three mugs. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over to taste. Serve right away.
Almond Milk Latte Calories And Nutrition
You may be surprised to find that almond milk latte calories in these recipes are very low thats because of our smart swaps to make recipes of coffee drinks healthy and accessible.
Youll find in this article that all the ingredients are easy to find at your grocery store.
Our calories in almond milk latte recipes are broken down below, this is for the basic latte recipe in the first recipe card. If you look in thenotes section for each of the cards for the flavored latte recipes you can see almond milk latte calories for each specific recipe.
Also Check: Where Can I Buy Cinnamon Tea
How To Make An Iced Almond Milk Latte
Making an iced almond milk latte is even easier than making a hot one. To start, brew your espresso or coffee as shown above. Allow it to cool to room temperature. Once cool, transfer the coffee to a tall glass. Add ice and cold milk. Viola.
Alternatively, you can make an almond milk iced latte by making it hot first then pouring it over ice. In this case, though, you will have a more diluted version as the ice will melt quicker. It is important to heat almond milk before mixing it with hot coffee to keep it from separating.
Substitutions And Possible Variations
- Vegan: Drink can be made vegan by using a dairy free milk such as oatmilk or almond milk. Just use unsweetened. Use canned coconut cream in place of whipped cream. If using food coloring ensure the brand is vegan friendly.
- Alternate sweetener: You can make this with honey, maple syrup or a sugar substitute such as monk fruit sweetener or stevia. If using the later just go with the amount listed on the package .
- Homemade pumpkin pie spice: In a small bowl whisk together 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon with an 1/8 tsp of each nutmeg, ginger and cloves. In a pinch you could use apple pie spice in place of pumpkin pie spice.
- Make it lighter: Use unsweetened almond milk in place of milk, replace sugar with stevia , omit the whipped topping or use a little whipped topping from a bottle such as Meadow Gold brand.
Recommended Reading: How To Use Green Tea Fat Burner
How Many Calories Are In A Dunkin Donuts Iced Matcha Latte With Almond Milk
How many calories is an iced almond milk latte from Starbucks? There are 50 calories in 1 serving of Starbucks Iced Caffe Latte with Almond Milk .
How many calories are in a grande caramel latte with almond milk?
There are 290 calories in a Grande Caramel Brulee Latte with Almond Milk from Starbucks.
How many calories in an iced skinny vanilla latte with almond milk? Skinny Vanilla Latte W Almond Milk contains 9g total carbs, 7g net carbs, 6g fat, 3g protein, and 100 calories.
Starbucks Blonde Iced Vanilla Almond Milk Latte Review
by Selmir Omic
Today was quite the day. After watching the swat team show up on my street today, I knew I deserved something refreshing after all the commotion was over. I decided to walk over to Starbucks to get an Iced coffee.
While staring at the menu, I decided since last weeks green tea frappe was a flop, I stuck to what I knew best. However, I was talked into getting something completely different than just a regular iced coffee.
Starbucks Blonde Iced Vanilla Almond Milk Latte Review
Today, I review the Starbucks Blonde Iced Vanilla Almond Milk Latte.
Youd think by now I wouldve known that my taste buds dont like healthier beverages such as almond milk and coconut water. I decided to suck it up and just give in as many great coffee aficionados often do.
However, I think that the shot of vanilla really complimented the beverage quite well since Im not a huge fan of almond milk to begin with.
I decided to try something different today and recorded my first impression of the beverage. However, this video just captures my first sip reaction and not my actual opinion on the drink itself.
After the first sip, I knew this was something that I would be sipping on for awhile. With each sip, my taste buds became more accustomed to the almond milk flavour. I must admit this is quite the refreshing beverage unlike many drink reviews Ive done in the past.
You May Like: Is Tea Healthy For Weight Loss
More Iced Coffee And Tea Drinks
Thats all you need to know to make an iced vanilla latte at home: we hope you find it tastes as good as Starbucks! Let us know any questions in the comments below. And if youre looking for more iced coffees and tea lattes, weve got you covered! Here are a few more Starbucks specials you can make at home:
How Many Calories Are In A Vanilla Iced Coffee With Almond Milk
Vanilla Iced Coffee With Almond Milk contains 26g total carbs, 25g net carbs, 3.5g fat, 9g protein, and 170 calories.
How many calories is a large iced vanilla latte with almond milk?
Does almond milk cost more than regular milk? The plant-based markets biggest drivers, almond milk and soy milk, cost almost double at $4.29 a half-gallon each, compared to $2.17 for regular dairy milk, according to a price check by FreshDirect. Theyre rarely used for just a glass of milk on its own compared to dairy milk, Seifer added.
Does Dunkin charge for almond milk? Dunkin Dunkin fans who stick to just coffee are in the clear here. The chain doesnt charge extra for adding oat, almond, or coconut milk to hot or iced coffee. A 50-cent upcharge is only placed on lattes and other milk-based espresso beverages.
You May Like: What Are The Benefits Of Drinking Turmeric Tea
Can I Use Other Types Of Milk
Absolutely! If youd like to switch things up with the type of plant-based milk that you usethats totally fine! The world of plant-based milk is constantly expanding. From the classics like coconut milk, cashew milk, soy milk and almond milk, we now have delicious options like oat milk, and even potato and quinoa milk.
Why Make Your Own Iced Lattes
Learning how to make your own iced lattes will save you beaucoup bucks for sure. A grande iced vanilla latte from Starbucks costs over $5.00 these days.
Before I dive into my vanilla iced latte recipe, lets go through some basics about iced lattes in general.
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Tea Seeds
How To Make A Vanilla Iced Latte: Basic Steps
Heres the outline of how to make a vanilla iced latte at home:
- Step 1: Make the vanilla syrup.
- Step 2: Make a double shot of espresso.
- Step 3: Froth ¼ cup whole milk by shaking it in a covered jar or whisking until frothy.
- Step 4: Pour the espresso and 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla syrup over ice. Add milk and serve.
Ingredient List And Notes
Strong Coffee or Espresso: I recommend using a French press to achieve a strong coffee shop like flavor for this latte. If you have an espresso machine, feel free to make your own espresso. Otherwise, use your drip coffee maker to create a strong pot of coffee.
Unsweetened Almond Milk: Use an unsweetened almond milk so that you have control over the sweetness of your coffee. If you decide to use a sweetened or vanilla flavored almond milk, I dont recommend adding any additional sweetener or vanilla extract. Some companies make a barista blend of almond milk. If you can find it use it! This will help you achieve the best foam and texture.
Maple Syrup: This ingredient is optional. You only need to add maple syrup if you want your latte with a touch more sweetness.
Vanilla Extract: Also optional, but add a nice vanilla flavor for an vanilla latte. See below for my other flavor suggestions!
You May Like: What Is The Best Type Of Tea For Weight Loss
What Kind Of Coffee Should I Use Can I Make It Without Instant Coffee
Ive found that instant coffee tends to work best whenever making whipped coffee. I like to use instant espresso powder by Delallo and just added a tiny bit more sugar so that its not bitter. However, feel free to use instant coffee as well.
Believe it or not, you can also use freshly brewed coffee, but it needs to be strong so that it whips perfectly. Just know that there isnt a need for hot water if using brewed coffee since it should be hot.
Other Tips And Tricks On This Iced Vanilla Latte Recipe
- If you have an espresso machine, then you can sub in 2 shots chilled espresso for the coffee in the recipe.
- Love cold brew? You can use it in this recipe for a different spin! HERE is a recipe for cold brew so that you can make it right at home!
- Instead of ice, freeze extra coffee in an ice tray and use it in the iced latte to avoid it getting watered down!
- It is up to you whether you would like to use milk or half-and-half in the recipe. Personally, I am a half-and-half person.
- Homemade vanilla simple syrup is an amazing alternative for store-bought vanilla syrup but that is totally optional!
Also Check: Where To Buy Bubble Tea
Make This A Perfect Vegan Iced Latte
Make it Frothy: This vanilla almond milk creamer gets frothy in a blender, with a whisk in a saucepan, or using my favorite technique- with a milk frother. Since you most likely already have your blender dirty, just let it run a few extra minutes, and youll have enough foam to make cappuccino-like treats. Even if I am making them iced, I froth the almond creamer well so I have a frothy top to my drink.
Naturally Sweeten Your Latte: Dates are a great sweetener for drinks, especially when youre already blending up nuts for a vegan or paleo option. If you love the idea of a healthier coffee or tea beverage, check out my Hazelnut Hot Cocoa, Hazelnut Iced Chai Latte, or my Caramel Mocha Iced Coffee Concentrate.
How To Make Iced Dalgona Coffee Vanilla Latte
To make this latte, youll first whip together the dalgona coffee and then assemble the remaining ingredients, stir a bit, and wallah! Youve got yourself a delicious latte.
The general rule of thumb for whipped coffee is 1:1:1, which consists of coffee, sugar, and water. Beat until peaks form when lifting your whisk, as you will find the thicker you whip it, the less bitter it tastes. Remember, the coffee will dilute once its mixed through your milk.
Read Also: How To Make Chai Tea From Scratch
Youll Love This Healthy Almond Milk Coffee Because:
- Homemade almond milk is richer and creamier than store bought, meaning this coffee is satisfying and full of almond flavor!
- It takes minutes to make just add soaked almonds, water, a date, and a vanilla bean to a blender, process it, and then strain it through a nut milk bag. Keep the creamer on hand and enjoy these for days!
- Using homemadecold brew coffeeor French press coffee is a great way to save money on your favorite coffee drinks all year round.
- It can be served over ice, or heated up and served hot.
How To Replace Dairy Milk In Coffee
More and more coffee places around the world are now offering dairy-free milk alternatives for their beverages. Luckily, there are many different kinds to choose from these days!
The classic vegan milk alternative is soy milk. Relatively cheap and ubiquitous, its a very common choice to use for dairy-free lattes but some people just cannot stand the slightest hint of soy in their drink.
Fair enough! Thats why almond milk, oat milk and coconut milk exist.
Honestly, with that delicious variety in plant-based milk alternatives, were often wondering why people even choose cows milk anymore.
But which milk alternative is the best in coffee? There is no one-size-fits-all answer here because this really depends on your taste preference.
One thing is for sure: we like our non-dairy milk to be neither too fatty nor too watery .
Don’t Miss: What Herbal Tea Is Good For Migraine Headaches
Calories In Almond Milk Lattes
Depending on how rich your almond milk is and whether or not you choose to sweeten your vegan beverage, almond milk latte may be as low in energy as 88 calories per 16 oz serving.
This makes it very weight loss friendly compared to richer lattes the same size of a 2% milk caffè latte from Starbucks, for example, offers 190 calories.
And lets not forget the sugar, syrup or whipped cream thats often added to these delicious beverages! Not judging or anything, but dont underestimate these dessert-like drinks.
What Is Almond Milk Anyway
I kind of picture farmers heading out with metal pails and overalls to the pastures to milk cows er almonds?
The production of almond milk does not begin with farmers and milk pails. Machines grind almonds with water and strain out the flesh of the almond. The product left is what people drink known as almond milk.
Why are we drinking the milk of nuts, though?
Almond milk isnt a new concept. Its been around since the Middle Ages. It was used in religions that observed Lent. It was almost always used to replace cows milk during that time.
The Persians serve a dessert made with almond milk during Ramadan. Its been a tradition for centuries.
In the US, it was a niche product that was seen as purely a healthy food item, even a vegan item.
Fast forward to 2013 and almond milk passed soy milk as a popular plant-based milk. That could be because of the vast difference in calories between all the milks.
- Cows milk = 149
- Almond milk = 39
It also has less fat and carbs than either of those other milks.
Could that be why I dont like almond milk as much as cream or other flavorings?
Recommended Reading: Will Green Tea Help You Lose Weight
Tips For The Best Almond Latte
- If you dont have dates on hand, use 1-3 teaspoons of date syrup or maple syrup instead.
- I use a nutmilk bag to make homemade almond milk. Ive used coffee filters and cheesecloth also, but its so much faster and easier using the purpose made bag, its worth the small investment.
- I use my Vitamix to make nutmilks, but soaking nuts ahead of time makes them easy to blend in any blender.
- You can make the vanilla almond milk creamer frothy using a blender, a whisk in a saucepan , or my favorite method, using a handy milk frother
- If you make almond milk lattes at home often, invest in a Nescafe Aeroccino, which makes the perfect frothy milk for all your coffee needs. It also allows you to chill or heat the milk, so you can use this for a hot latte or an iced latte easiliy.
Iced Coffee Vs Iced Vanilla Latte Vs Iced Americano
With so many coffee beverages, it can get a little confusing when trying to figure out the differences between some of the popular iced drinks. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Coffee: brewed coffee, poured over ice
- Americano: espresso mixed in water, poured over ice
- Vanilla latte: espresso mixed with milk, poured over ice
Also Check: Do They Make Tea For Keurig
Ingredients In An Almond Milk Latte
Almond milk latte ingredients are quite basic, in fact if you have almond milk and coffee in the house now, you can get started making your own hot and iced latte recipes right away!
In this section we will review the Must Haves and then the Add Ins as to not overwhelm you with ingredients.
Calories In Starbucks Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte
|To ensure you are returned to the same server you started on|
|JSESSIONID||To ensure your current session is maintained i.e. it makes sure you are logged in and stay logged in|
Some parts of our website use 3rd party cookies that are placed on your computer by our advertising partners. These are used to help place ads that are more relevent to you.
When you register on this service and accept our terms and conditions, you are consenting for cookies to be put on your computer for the purposes described above so you can use the website.
Recommended Reading: Starbucks Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte