Is Starbucks Iced Chai Latte Healthy
Chai tea lattes are definitely delicious, but unfortunately, this tasty drink falls under the not so lean category! A typical chai tea latte contains 240 calories and 45 grams of sugar! That is equivalent to a large coke! If you want to enjoy your chai tea latte the LEAN way, try ordering a DIRTY CHAI TEA LATTE!
Then, How many calories is an iced chai tea latte with oat milk? 130 Calories
How many calories are in an iced chai latte with almond milk? 135 Calories
Moreover, How many calories are in a chai tea latte with almond milk? 190 Calories
Healthy Starbucks Drink Order: Chai Tea Latte
There is currently a windchill of 27 degrees here in Houston, Texas IN MARCH! All I can think about is a warm drink. One of my favorite warm drinks of all time is a Starbucks Chai Tea Latte but I dont have it often because of the high carbs/sugar content. I have a healthy starbucks drink order I want to share so you can enjoy without the guilt!
I got this recipe from @themacrobarista on Instagram all the credit for this one goes to him. Ive posted my warm drink cup a million times on stories and always get asked what I am drinking so I just thought I would share this absolutely delicious healthy hack.
ORIGINAL CHAI TEA LATTE NUTRITION INFO:
- Calories: 270 cals
HEALTHY CHAI TEA LATTE NUTRITION INFO:
- Calories: 60 cals
1. Ask for a grande organic chai tea2. Add 2 packets of stevia3. Asked for steamed almond milk4. Finish with extra cinnamon powderI am all about indulging and enjoying every now and then when I want to, Ill order the classic chai tea latte. However, when I am trying to stick to my nutrition game to get closer to my goals and I want a warm drink more regularly, I opt for this healthy Starbucks drink order. Its also dairy free for those who are looking for that too!MORE DRINK ORDERS? HERE is the LG Starbucks Pink Drink
Read Also: How Much Caffeine Is In Sonic Iced Coffee
Best Chai Starbucks Drinks Ranked
There are just 4 chai drinks on the Starbucks official menu. Here is a ranked list, starting with the best and most popular.
1. Chai Tea Latte2% Milk + Water + Chai Tea ConcentrateCaffeine in a grande: 95 mgCalories in a grande: 240Sugar in a grande: 42 gThe most popular Starbucks chai drink, a common way to customize it is to order it without the water for a creamier texture. Drink sizes: Short, Tall, Grande, VentiMAKE IT AT HOME: Starbucks Chai Latte Copycat
2. Iced Chai LatteIce + 2% Milk + Chai Tea Concentrate Caffeine in a grande: 95 mgCalories in a grande: 240Sugar in a grande: 42 gTo make this drink decadent, add vanilla sweet cream cold foam. Drink sizes: Tall, Grande, Venti
ème Frappuccino Syrup + Chai Concentrate + Whipped Cream + Cinnamon PowderCaffeine in a grande: 40 mgCalories in a grande: 340Sugar in a grande: 45 gA frozen chai drink made in a blender, its often customized with caramel drizzle.Drink sizes: Tall, Grande, VentiMAKE IT AT HOME: Starbucks Chai Frappuccino Copycat
4. Chai TeaCaffeine in a grande: 40 mgCalories in a grande: 0Sugar in a grande: 0 gIf youre looking for a simple brewed hot tea thats just hot water and a tea bag, this is it. Drink sizes: Short, Tall, Grande, Venti
Recommended Reading: How To Get Iced Tea Stain Out Of Clothes
Can You Make Starbucks Chai Tea Latte Copycat In Advance
Sure! Mix everything the day before, then just froth or reheat when youre ready to serve. You can keep the mix safely up to three days, just make sure its always at the coldest part of your fridge.
More drink recipes to try:
- If you want a stronger tea taste, you can add steep more bags to your liking.
- Add espresso for a caffeine boost.
- Feel free to reduce the honey if youd like a less sweet drink.
- Frothing the drink is optional, but we really recommend not skipping it! The froth gives this drink that classic, light Starbucks mouthfeel.
What Is A Skinny Chai Tea Latte
Recommended Reading: How Much Caffeine In White Mocha Starbucks
Also Check: How To Make Green Tea For Weight Loss
How Much Caffeine Is In A Chai Latte
Chai is a popular beverage made by steeping black tea with spices, milk, and sugar. But depending on how you prepare it, the caffeine content in one cup can range between 20mg to 100 mg an amount that could negatively impact your sleep if consumed at night!
A regular chai latte has 70.5mg of caffeine, while a dirty one will have 134.5 in the single shot and 198.5 in the double-shot version just under half your daily recommended intake on both occasions!
A cup of coffee contains 120mg, which is much more than a chai latte. In chai latte, the caffeine can react with tannin in the tea, and it supports keeping your nervous system. Then, your body will absorb the caffeine slowly. Hence, you can be calm and focused without having hyperactivity, as in coffee.
Chai Latte vs Dirty Chai Latte
Some chai lovers consider what the differences between a dirty chai latte and Chai little are. But, first, let take a quick look at the table below the identity some:
|Features for comparing|
Is there caffeine in starbucks chai tea latte?
starbucks chai tea latte
Chai tea in Starbucks comes in 2 types, including hot brewed Chai by Teavana tea bag and hot chai latte by black tea concentrate. Both contain caffeine, but the hot chai latte will contain more caffeine, around 95mg. Wheres, the other tea latte has around 80mg of caffeine.
Is Chai Latte Coffee Or Tea
Chai latte is a type of tea, but it can also be made with coffee. Chai tea is made by steeping black tea in hot water with spices like cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom. Chai latte is made by blending chai tea with milk and sweetener. It can be served hot or cold. Chai latte made with coffee is called a dirty chai. Its made by blending espresso with milk and sweetened chai tea.
The real name of this drink, with its roots in India, is actually masala chai, which means mixed spiced tea. However, most menus in American coffee shops call it chai latte. If you order a chai latte in India, they might give you a funny look because they think youre asking for milk tea!
In short, chai latte is a type of tea, but it can also be made with coffee. Chai tea is made by steeping black tea in hot water with spices like cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom. Chai latte is made by blending chai tea with milk and sweetener. It can be served hot or cold. Chai latte made with coffee is called a dirty chai. Its made by blending espresso with milk and sweetened chai tea.
Also Check: Is Instant Coffee Real Coffee
Recommended Reading: Does Badia Slimming Tea Really Work
Popular Ways To Customize A Chai Tea Latte
Like all things Starbucks, chai tea lattes can be customized with flavored syrups and a variety of milk options. Here are a couple customer favorites.
- Vanilla Chai Tea Latte
- Dirty Chai Tea Latte
- Skinny Chai Tea Latte
And here are even more Starbucks Chai Latte modifications. See delicious drink ideas like an Iced Chai Latte topped with vanilla sweet cream and more.
How To Make Chai Tea Latte
Even though I have made this recipe inspired by Starbucks, I have used the authentic way to make Masala Chai here as most Indian home cooks do it at their house. Then I frothed the milk in a closed glass jar. I have also shown how to froth the milk without any fancy equipment here.
Chai Tea Latte
Following are the high-level instructions to make this drink but for detailed step-by-step instructions with photo and video, please check out the recipe card below.
- Make Chai Concentrate – In a saucepan with medium heat, pour water, black tea powder, Chai Masala Powder and bring it boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve it for later use
- Boil Milk – Now in another saucepan, pour milk and allow it to puff up. Make sure to keep the heat in medium, as the milk overflows quickly
- Froth the Milk – Now pour the puffed milk, into a glass jar and close the lid. Shake well until it turns frothy and keep it aside as well
- Pour and Serve – Filter the chai concentrate using a fine mesh strainer until â rd of the serving glass. Now pour in the frothed milk. Finally, sprinkle with some cinnamon powder and it is ready for you to taste and enjoy
- Alternative Method – If you don’t want to froth the milk, you can also just add in the milk with the chai concentrate and top it with whipped cream and cinnamon powder
Shopping List For Chai Spiced Latte:
Special Tip: You can find all the measurements in the recipe card below. There you can choose how many servings of these chai tea drinks you want to make, and it will do all the measurement math for you! All of the ingredients for low calorie chai drinks can be doubled or tripled with the click of a button.
Up next, how to make a chai latte with tea bags
How Many Calories Are In A Starbucks Chai Tea Latte
For a grande Starbucks chai tea latte, youre looking at approximately 240 calories. This can change based on the type of milk you select, as well as how many pumps of syrup you choose. One great way you can find out exactly what the nutritional facts are for the way you order your chai tea is by using the Starbucks calculator.
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy Waka Coffee
Recommended Reading: Is Iced Tea Bad For Your Kidneys
Are Chai Lattes Fattening
Really not so good: Chai Latte
Parading around as a healthy option, Burrell says chai lattes are anything but. « The good old chai powder found at many coffee shops is packed with sugar. A small chai will give you 130 calories and two grams of fat, but an extra 20 grams or four teaspoons of sugar. »
How many calories in Starbucks dirty chai tea latte? 9. Dirty Chai Tea Latte. The Dirty Chai Tea Latte is the same as a regular Chai Tea Latte, but with an espresso shot mixed in. You can enjoy the Dirty Chai at only 240 calories, and you can bring that sugar content down by asking for fewer Chai pumps.
How many calories are in a Starbucks chai tea latte with soy milk?
|10 items found|
Recipe Variations And Substitutions:
- Skinny: Use skim or low-fat milk.
- Sugar-free: Instead of honey, sweeten it with your favorite sugar-free sweeteners.
- Pumpkin Spice: Try sprinkling it with some pumpkin spice blend for an autumn-themed chai latte!
- Other sweeteners: You also use brown or white sugar, agave syrup, or even maple for a tasty twist.
- Try other teas: If you have other favorite flavors, you can use them here as well. It works really well with green, black, white, oolong, or even fruit-flavored teas.
- Non-dairy: Try the drink with oat, almond, soy, or coconut milk.
- Add espresso: Want a stronger caffeine kick? Mix in an espresso shot or two!
Don’t Miss: What’s In Twisted Tea Hard Iced Tea
Homemade Chai Latte Recipe
This Homemade Chai Latte Recipe is just 30 calories, and so easy to make!
This copycat recipe for Starbucks chai tea latte is a fraction of the calories, cost, and you dont have to stand in line to get one!
In this article youll learn whats in a chai latte and how to make Starbucks chai tea latte copycat recipes at home.
This DIY chai tea latte can be made simple or fancy, with easy froth you make on the stovetop with a whisk!
No fancy equipment will be needed to make this easy chai tea at home.
This Homemade Chai Latte Recipe is just 30 calories, and so easy to make!
What Youll Find In This Article:
- Chai Tea Latte Ingredients
- How to Make a Chai Latte at Home
- Homemade Chai Latte Recipe
- Nutrition and Calories in Homemade Chai Tea Latte
Helpful Tip for Shopping: Take a screenshot of the shopping list to your phone. This way you have it at your fingertips the next time you go grocery shopping.
Recipe Card Uses: You can email yourself this recipe card so you can easily search for it Or print it so you have it handy, and can make notes. You can even pin this low calorie chai drink to Pintrest so it is safely stored for you.
Up next, a shopping list for chai latte ingredients
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Don’t Miss: Is Decaffeinated Green Tea Good For Weight Loss
Whats In A Pumpkin Crme Frappuccino
A regular pumpkin spice crÃÂ¨me frappuccino that has not been customized, has six ingredients:
Pumpkin Spice Sauce contains real pumpkin, condensed skim milk, and is flavored with spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Every pumpkin drink at Starbucks is flavored with this seasonal sauce. Since it contains milk, its not possible to get a non-dairy pumpkin spice drink.
Want to make pumpkin drinks at home? Heres my copycat Starbucks pumpkin sauce recipe. Its easy!
Whole Milk is the basis of all Starbucks frappuccino blended beverages. Its what makes them extra rich and creamy. If desired, you can substitute another Starbucks milk option, but it will affect the consistency of the drink.
Ice blended with all the other ingredients is what turns an ordinary iced beverage into a frozen, milkshake-like frappuccino.
CrÃÂ¨me Frappuccino Syrup is the key to a thick frappuccino that doesnt separate too quickly. It contains xanthan gum which is an emulsifier. It also contains sugar, so it sweetens every non-coffee frappuccino, as well.
Whipped Cream is the piÃÂ¨ce de rÃÂ©ÃÂ·sisÃÂ·tance of the Pumpkin Spice CrÃÂ¨me Frappuccino, as well as every pumpkin spice drink on the menu and almost every frappuccino. Starbucks sweetened whipped cream is flavored with vanilla syrup.
Is A Skinny Chai Tea Latte Healthy
Milk, black tea, and a range of spices including cinnamon and ginger are the traditional ingredients for making chai.Youll get a hydration jolt because to the little amount of caffeine thats there , which is far less than the caffeine thats found in coffee .In addition, tea is loaded with antioxidants, which help maintain your health and give you a boost of energy.
Don’t Miss: What Natural Tea Helps You Sleep
What Is In A Chai Cup
When blended with steaming milk and topped with foam, black tea that has been infused with warming spices such as cinnamon, clove, and other spices creates the ideal balance between sweet and spicy flavors. An iconic chai cup. The nutritional information is derived from our typical recipes in order to ensure accuracy.
How To Make A Chai Tea Latte Starbucks Recipe:
Make a Vanilla Chai Tea Latte:
- To make a Vanilla Chai Tea Latte, use Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk.
Special Tip: You can find these directions, along with measurements, nutrition and more in the sharable recipe card in the next section!
Up next, a shareable recipe card for our low-calorie homemade chai latte recipe
You May Like: Does Tea Cause Gout Flare Ups
Summary: Does Chai Latte Have Coffee
If you tend to indulge in chai latte frequently, youve probably wondered does chai latte have coffee.
Chai latte originated as a blend of black tea and masala spice steeped in whole milk. The original recipe doesnt include any coffee, but the black tea does deliver a good amount of caffeine.
Modern versions of the chai latte, like dirty chai latte, include a shot of espresso.
What Are The Ingredients Of Dirty Chai Latte
Dirty chai latte contains all ingredients of Starbucks chai latte and espresso. You need 7 major ingredients to make a dirty chai latte.
These are 1 cup of boiled milk, 1 tea bag, 1 shot of espresso, 1 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp cinnamon powder, and 1 tbsp of sliced ginger.
You can additionally use 1 tbsp of vanilla powder and black peppers also. These two ingredients will make the dirty chai latte Starbucks spicier.
Recommended Reading: Does Decaf Coffee Have Potassium
Don’t Miss: Is Elderberry Tea Good For You