Tea Tree Oil And Mustard Oil
Mustard oil contains strong anti-microbial properties which help to kill the fungus causing infection. This process is effective for treating mild to moderate nail fungus infections.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of mustard oil and 3 drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply the mixture on the toe or finger nails and allow to dry completely.
- Repeat the process once or twice in a day.
How Long Does Tea Tree Oil Take To Work On Nail Fungus
27.8 percent of participants in the research completely healed their nail fungus after using it topically every day for 48 weeks, while 55.6 percent of people reported some improvement in their condition after using it. Nevertheless, further research is required. The tea tree, which is native to Australia, is the source of tea tree oil.
Tea Tree Oil Garlic And Calendula Flowers
The allicin present in garlic possesses strong antimicrobial properties which are effective in dealing with fungus. Calendula flowers also contain antifungal properties. This combination is effective in treating moderate to severe nail fungus infection.
- Heat 3 tablespoon of olive oil on low flame.
- Add 4 garlic cloves and 10 shredded calendula leaves.
- Let it simmer for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, strain, and let it stand aside overnight.
- In the morning, stir in 1 tablespoon of vitamin E cream or oil and 3 teaspoons of tea tree oil.
- Mix well and apply enough amounts of the mixture on infected nails.
- Repeat the process 3 times in a day.
Note: Store the remaining mixture in an airtight container for daily use.
Recommended Reading: Does Spearmint Tea Help With Acne
Here Are The Instructions To Make A Tea Tree Oil Solution For Nail Fungus Treatment:
You will need to apply it twice daily, morning and night.
- Combine 10 drops of tea tree essential oil with one ounce of carrier oil in an amber glass bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well to mix.
- Swab the nail with the mixture, thoroughly coating the affected area and surrounding skin. The antifungal properties in tea tree oil will penetrate deep into your nails to kill the fungus at its source.
- After two weeks of treatment, you should notice a dramatic improvement in your nails appearance.
- After three weeks, the problem should be almost completely eradicated. You can keep applying the oil for one or two more weeks to ensure it does not return.
As you can see from these instructions, tea tree oil is easy and cheap to get and incredibly inexpensive when made at home instead of spending your hard-earned money on expensive treatments.
It is quick and easy to mix up a batch of this nail fungus treatment, so you have no reason not to try it if you are suffering from this problem.
Most frequently, Aske Questions.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Cure Your Toenail Fungus
NB: Tea Tree Oil is for topical use only and is not to be swallowed. A small percentage of people also seem to be allergic to topical application of the oil.
Don’t Miss: What Herbal Tea Makes You Lose Weight
How Do I Know If My Toenail Fungus Is Dying
The top five warning signals that the fungus on your toenails has gone nuclear
From Tea Tree Oil To Apple Cider Vinegar: 7 Home Remedies To Treat Toe Nail Fungus
Also, know as onychomcosis, toenail fungus is characterised by inflammation, thickening, swelling, pain and crumbling of the toenail. Some of the most common causes of this type of infection are dirt, pollution, accumulated sweat as a result of wearing very tight socks and shoes for a longer period of time and walking in dirty water during rainy season. Not washing and ignoring them can lead to harmful consequences. Hence here are 7 home remedies you can try to treat toenail fungus.
Tea tree oil contains antifungal and antiseptic abilities, which is very effective in fighting against toenail fungus. Apply few drop of the tea tree oil directly onto the affected nail with a cotton swab. Repeat this twice daily.
Both apple cider vinegar and white vinegar are considered as powerful home remedies to get rid of fungal infections because of its acidic properties. Soak the infected nail in one part vinegar and two parts warm water for up to 20 minutes everyday. After that, rinse off with water.
Listerine Mouthwash contains ingredients such as menthol, thymol and eucalyptus, all of which have antibacterial and antifungal properties. Soaking your foot in a bowl full of Listerine for 30 minutes daily helps get rid of infections faster.
Also Check: How To Use Loose Leaf Tea
Whats The Catch In All Of This
There are a thousand and one problems that can be solved with almost every tree or plants around us. Those tree or plants are not just there for fancy. They do have a purpose to serve.
So it is with Melaleuca alternifolia . We never knew how blessed we were and how close we are to our problem not until the medicine man came through.
I know you will be asking questions like whats even in the tree that other trees dont have. Well, Keep reading to know whats in this tree
Also Check: Can Tea Tree Oil Be Used For Toenail Fungus
What Is Toenail Fungus
Toenail fungus infections are the most common disease of the nails, occuring in approx. 14% of the adult population. Also known as onychomycosis or tinea unguium, the infection will usually appear as a discoloration and thickening of the toenail, causing the nail to become brittle and crumble.
Distortion of the toenails shape can also occur, and with such a high percentage of people contracting this ugly, painful condition, its important to understand the causes behind toenail fungus.
Also Check: Where To Buy Tea Lights
Precautions To Take For Preventing Or Treating Nail Fungus
- Maintain short and clean nails as it helps to prevent bacteria getting clogged up under the nails. Use a manicure kit to maintain clean nails.
- Make sure to wear shoes or sandals in public places like swimming pool, gym, and others. As nail fungus is contagious, it can easily spread in these places.
- Prefer wearing sandals instead of shoes if it is not necessary. Shoes create a warm and dark environment which can lead to fungal growth.
- Make sure to wear ventilated socks which restrict moisture buildup and promote air circulation.
- Wear preventive gloves while cleaning clothes or washing dishes. It helps to avoid any further complications and also keeps your hands dry.
- If nail fungus persists even after trying home remedies for more than 8 weeks then consults a podiatrist.
- Instead of normal nail polishes, it is better to use medicated ones.
Benefits Of Antifungal Essential Oils
Essential oils have antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, astringent, and fungicidal properties. Some can even stimulate new cell growth. These properties work together to form a potent treatment for fungal infections on your skin. These conditions include:
- Ringworm. This is a contagious, itchy skin condition that can be caused by several kinds of fungus. Sometimes ringworm can be found on the scalp.
- Athletes foot. This is a type of ringworm that is found on the feet. Athletes foot earns its name because its common in people who spend a lot of time in damp, warm socks after athletic activity.
- Tinea versicolor. This fungal infection causes small discolored patches to show up on your skin. The fungus can be found on anyones skin, and discoloration only happens when the fungus overgrows. Oily skin or hormonal changes can be risk factors for tinea versicolor.
- Toenail fungus. Also known as onychomycosis, toenail fungus affects up to 20 percent of the population. This type of fungi can be stubborn and hard to get rid of. Toenail fungus causes nails to become yellowed or otherwise discolored, with streaks or spots appearing in the nail.
- Jock itch. This is caused by fungus that can be spread from person to person. The fungus grows in warm areas of your body where sweat collects under your clothes, like your genitals and buttocks.
Dont apply powerful essential oils directly to your skin without diluting with a carrier oil.
Also Check: Can You Put Miralax In Hot Tea
How Long Does It Take To Recover
You need to be consistent with the treatment in order to see results. It usually takes a few months for the nail to heal completely. Healing time depends on how severe the infection is and how quickly your body responds to the treatment.
The fungal infection is cured when youve grown an entirely new nail thats free from infection.
You can continue the tea tree oil treatment after the nail has healed to ensure that the nail fungus doesnt return.
Its important that you use a high-quality tea tree oil for best results. Here are some things to look for when buying tea tree oil:
- The oil needs to be 100 percent pure.
- Buy an organic oil, if possible.
- Look for a tea tree oil that has a 10 to 40 percent concentration of terpinen. This is one of the main antiseptic and antifungal components of tea tree oil.
You can buy tea tree oil online or at a local health store. Always buy from a brand that you trust. The supplier should be able to answer any questions you have about their product.
Research your brands and manufacturers. Essential oils can have issues with purity, contamination, and strength. The U. S. Food and Drug Administration doesnt regulate essential oils, so its important to purchase from a supplier you trust.
Free Your Foot How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Foot Fungus
Foot fungus not the prettiest of issues, but nonetheless a very real and common concern that affects millions of people worldwide. As our feet and toes emerge from their fall and winter hibernation, its time to step into something sandy, something strappy, and something opened toed but are your feet really ready for this?
Before we discuss treatments for nail fungus, its important to understand what nail fungus is and how it is identified.
Nail fungus, also known as onychomycosis, is usually caused by moisture being trapped in warm conditions, where fungi thrives. Unfortunately, some people develop fungus through swimming and other activities involving consistent dampness, sweating or prolonged moisture in the foot area the ideal environment for growth of fungus. A fungal infection occurs when the fungi infect one or more of your nails leading to the discoloration and thickening of nails. Leaving this condition untreated can result in the cracking, splitting, and even the complete loss of ones nail.
Why Tea Tree Oil?
There are many natural remedies for treating nail fungus and on the top of that list is tea tree oil! Tea tree oil is rich in natural elements that are used to treat various skin problems due to the oils antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Tea tree is especially effective in treating nail fungus and other skin ailments because the oil acts as an antibiotic. In other words, being able to inhibit the growth of and destroy microorganisms.
You May Like: Reorganized Church Of Latter Day Saints
Tea Tree Oil And Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol contains sterilizing properties which are helpful in killing the fungus. This method is effective for nail fungus in mild cases or budding stage. It may not be effective for severe nail fungus infections.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of alcohol, 10 drops of grape seed extract, and 20 drops of tea tree oil.
- Pour into spray bottle and shake gently.
- Spray the mixture on nails and let it air dry.
- Now massage a small amount of coconut oil and leave it to dry.
- Repeat the process once in a day.
Best Tea Tree Oil For Fungal Toenails
Tea tree oil is the powerhouse of all the essential oils. It is the new best friend for your skin. Not only the toenail fungus, but it is also an amazing essential oil to treat the skin tags, be it caused by a microorganism like fungus, bacteria or by the pollution.
It has all the necessary chemicals which any anti-fungal treatment should have to kill the toenail fungus.
Many acne creams, which claim to treat the severe acne have the tea tree oil range. This is because of the effective therapy this tea tree oil offers.
If youre still confuse about the powerful capabilities of the tea tree oil, feel free to read and understand the treatment as the best home remedy for the nail fungus.
Recommended Reading: What Is Moringa Tea Used For
Apple Cider Vinegar And Tea Tree Oil For Toenail Fungus:
Apple cider vinegar dis- comforts the fungus and it doesnt allow it to enter the nail due to the presence of anti fungal properties.
- Fill the bowl with water and a cup of Apple cider vinegar
- Soak finger for 40 min. And towel dry
- Using cotton ball apply tea tree oil on the affected nail
- Leave it to dry completely
Repetitions: Repeat it twice a day.
Best Time to apply: Morning and before bed.
Read Also: Is Bleach Good For Nail Fungus
Toenail Fungus Can Be Difficult To Cure
- Harsh conventional treatments wonât cure toenail fungus over half of the time.
- There are 3 primary causes: dermatophytic fungi, Candida, and non-dermatophytic molds.
- Most toenail fungus is caused by dermatophytic fungi.
- Molds can be responsible for both toenail and fingernail fungus.
- 1 out of 3 diabetics have toenail fungus.
- Fungus and molds love damp places keep feet dry, change socks often.
Donât Miss: How Do I Treat Foot Fungus
Also Check: What Tea Helps With Nausea During Pregnancy
How To Use Eos For Toenail Fungus
As mentioned, always dilute EOs in a carrier oil like jojoba, coconut oil, or olive oil.
Stick to a ratio of 2-3 drops of EO per 1 teaspoon of carrier oil.
For best results, apply to the infected nail or nails at least twice a day.
You can also create a warm water soak with oils and salts and soak your feet in at least once a day for 15-20 minutes.
Can Extreme Toenail Fungus Be Cured
Fungal nail infections typically dont go away on their own, and the best treatment is usually prescription antifungal pills taken by mouth In severe cases, a healthcare professional might remove the nail completely It can take several months to a year for the infection to go away.
Toenail fungus can be tough to get rid of because it can get into and in between those layers It may also sit on top of the nail or grow underneath it In some cases, fungus can get into the cells that make the nail, called the nail matrix.
Don’t Miss: Is Iced Tea Good For Your Liver
What Kills Toenail Fungus Fast
How Do You Get Rid Of Thick Toenails
How are thick toenails treated?Clean the affected area with soap and water dailyGroom your nails regularly Apply an over-the-counter fungal treatment after you gently file your nailsApply Vicks VapoRub on your toenail each day Apply tea tree oil twice a day every day.
Strengthens brittle nailsFortunately, coconut oil can treat this! Applying a small amount to the nail and rubbing it in allows the nail to get hydrated and will begin to strengthen Doing this regularly is best as the nail can absorb the oils properties and become strong.
Read Also: Does The Iaso Tea Really Work
How Can You Maximize The Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil
Apart from the oil application, you can follow a few tips that can help improve the condition of your toenails and resolve the fungal infection faster.
- Trim your nails regularly. It will prevent the underlying healthy nail from getting infected and allow the oil to penetrate the nail bed better.
- Always wash your nails clean with soap and water. Remember to pat your nails and the skin around them dry to prevent any moisture from entering the nail bed.
- Use footwear in public places such as washrooms, locker rooms, and pools to prevent spreading it to others.
- Opt for footwear that has ample space for your toes. A narrow toebox will cramp your toes together and apply pressure on your toenails. The repetitive trauma can make them susceptible to fungal growth. Choose sandals instead. Alternately, you can apply an antifungal spray to the inside of your shoes to prevent fungal growth.
- If you must wear socks, invest in ones made of natural fibers as they absorb moisture and sweat, unlike their synthetic counterparts. Change and wash your socks regularly.
- Always sterilize your nail tools such as nail clippers, nail file, etc. Avoid sharing them with others as they can spread toenail fungus.
- Lastly, check your nails regularly for any change in color, pain, or irritation. If you notice any such changes, get treatment immediately to prevent the fungal infection from spreading further.