Tips For Making The Best Healthy Hot Chocolate
The best part about this dairy free hot chocolate recipe? How easy it is to make! I have a few tips for making it perfectly creamy and delicious:
- Mix on low. Combine all of your ingredients in a small pot just over medium low heat.
- Keep on whisking. Make sure to whisk continuously until smooth to get rid of any lumps from the cocoa powder.
- Dont let it boil. Be sure not to let the hot chocolate boil as the almond milk might burn and change the flavor just whisk it until its nice and steamy.
- Jazz up your mug. Remember to add your fav toppings! I love whipped cream, marshmallows and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
La Colombe Canned Pumpkin Spice Latte
Theres no shame in buying a pre-made coffee drink,especially when theyre this delicious. This PSL from KCM favorite La Colombe is lactose free, made with real coffee , and has the caffeine equivalent of one and half cups of black coffee. You can easily pour it over ice for a beautifully chilled drink that only takes seconds to make.
The Best Pumpkin Spice Latte In 4 Simple Steps
Thats right, this easy homemade pumpkin spice latte comes together in just about 10 minutes and 4 easy steps:
Don’t Miss: Where Can I Play Texas Tea Slots Online Free
Make Homemade Whipped Cream
Start by placing heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract into a cold mixing bowl. Using a whisk, hand mixer or stand mixer, whip them together .
You’ll start to see stiff peaks forming and the swirl marks get close together. Then, cover tightly and place in the fridge until you are ready to top off your delicious pumpkin spice latte!
Make sure that the heavy cream is very, very cold when you begin to whip it. If possible, place mixing bowl in the refrigerator to ensure it is cold when whipping the cream.
How To Cook A Pumpkin
Learn exactly how to cook a pumpkin and make easy homemade pumpkin puree! Pumpkins can be intimidating, but in this easy step-by-step tutorial youll learn exactly how to cut, dice & roast a pumpkin for cooking and baking. Use your homemade pumpkin puree for all of your favorite pumpkin recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my policy page.
Im not sure about you, but Im a PL4L aka Pumpkin Lover 4 Life. It will forever be my favorite. In fact, enjoy a photo of me below when I was 9 years old, making my first pumpkin pie completely from scratch .
Since starting my annual pumpkin week, Ive gotten a ton of questions on how to cook a pumpkin and how to make homemade pumpkin puree, especially because canned pumpkin tends to fly off of the shelves each fall. Today Ive got all the answers you! It turns out homemade pumpkin puree is absolutely delicious, easy to make and so much fun! I dont want to spend too much time talking, lets just get to this thing!
Read Also: Is Green Tea Good For Vertigo
How To Make The Best Pumpkin Spice Latte At Home
The moment Fall hits, we rush to our local coffee shop and order a pumpkin spice latte. We love them so much, we took it upon ourselves to try making it at home. This recipe is easy and I bet you have most, if not everything, you need to make it at home right now. It also comes together in under 10 minutes!
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
When you make your Pumpkin Spice Latte at home you know exactly what youre drinking. No unknown ingredients. No funny flavours. And you can adjust the flavours according to what you like best. Make it sweeter, less spicy, add more whipped cream, less whipped cream. Use this recipe as a guide and make your perfect Pumpkin Spice Latte.
This is a warming drink that feels like a real indulgence. The pumpkin flavour is mild but noticeable and the pumpkin puree thickens the latte a bit. Molasses is the perfect sweetener since it complements the spice and is such a great pairing with coffee.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe a warming drink that feels like an indulgence. It tastes subtly of pumpkin and has the texture of hot chocolate.
- Crosby Molasses
- 1 cup strong coffee or espresso
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ Tbsp Crosbys Fancy Molasses
Also Check: Best Place To Order Loose Leaf Tea Online
Can I Make It Over Ice
Sure! You can prepare the mixture and let it cool for a bit. In the meantime, let the brewed coffee cool down as well. Combine them together and pour over a cup of ice. The ice will melt quickly, so you arent going to want to leave it sitting for a long time before drinking.
Another option would be to add all the ingredients along with ice and blend in a blender. This will give you a blended iced coffee texture. Enjoy!
The Secret To The Fluffiest Pumpkin Pancakes
There are some recipes that you always come back to, these pumpkin pancakes are that kind of recipe. These pumpkin pancakes are simple to make and call on ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
To make them, you will need pumpkin puree. You can use canned puree or homemade pumpkin puree. If youve never made pumpkin puree from scratch before, its easy! Heres our simple tutorial for how to do it.
We like our pancakes to be fluffy and light, have you seen our essential pancake recipe, yet? Well, that recipe was the stepping off point for these easy pumpkin pancakes.
There are two tricks for the fluffiest pancakes:
Recommended Reading: Does Lipton Diet Green Tea Help You Lose Weight
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Latte At Home
Ingredients In This Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
Youll only need a handful of ingredients to make this super creamy, flavorful pumpkin spice latte. Its naturally sweetened and wont leave you with that blah feeling that many of the sugar packed, store-bought ones do! Heres what youll need to make it:
- Espresso: I prefer using espresso in the latte for that stronger coffee flavor.
- Milk: for that delicious, creamy element. Feel free to use any milk youd like, preferably one that froths well. We love using oat milk, and you can easily make it yourself with our tutorial here!
- Pumpkin flavor: were using real deal pumpkin puree, plus some pumpkin pie spice to get all of that fall flavor. Its a great way to use up any extra canned pumpkin or to make your own.
- Sweetener: were just using 1-2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup to naturally sweeten the pumpkin spice latte. Youll also want to add some vanilla extract to bring out the sweet flavors.
- Optional: feel free to add some whipped cream on top for the perfect treat!
Recommended Reading: 99 Cent Arizona Iced Tea
Pumpkin Spice Latte With Canned Pumpkin
Using canned pumpkin allows for the most customization and pure pumpkin flavor . That being said, it also requires the most work. You can experiment with mixing milk, sugar, spices, and pumpkin on your own, or you can search for a recipe from someone whos been there, done that already.
One of the more popular recipes comes from Jeanne Oliver, who uses pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla, and spices to approximate that iconic pumpkin spice taste. It doesnt take a huge amount of effort to go full hands-on with the recipe, but if you stick the syrup during the week and make this a weekend treat we totally understand!
Whats In A Pumpkin Spice Latte
In pumpkin spice lattes youll find at your average coffee shop , the ingredients can get a little dicey and often include natural flavors, carrageenan, and a lot of sugar. These arent things we necessarily avoid entirely, but do choose to limit whenever possible. Our homemade version includes real food ingredients like:
- & espresso or your coffee of choice
Recommended Reading: How To Make Lychee Bubble Tea
Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
Skip Starbucks and make this healthy homemade pumpkin spice latte made with almond milk at home. Its easy to make, vegan and delicious!
If you like the thought of a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks but would rather skip the extra calories and sugar, you are going to LOVE the homemade version Im featuring today. Its crazy to me that even the smallest size non-fat, no whip PSL from Starbucks has 200 calories and 37 grams of sugar! The sugary syrup is the culprit. It contains sugar, condensed nonfat milk, sweet condensed nonfat milk and a few other ingredients including coloring and artificial flavors.
Im all about keeping my food/beverages as natural as possible, which is why I love this homemade pumpkin spice latte. You can have a pumpkin spice latte any day of the week and feel good about it with ingredients you can pronounce, no added sugar and a low amount of calories. The best part? It doesnt cost $4.00 a pop!
The Two Key Ingredients In Homemade Oat Milk
The best part about making oat milk at home is that you know exactly whats going into it. This easy homemade oat milk recipe has no weird additives but is equally as delicious as the store-bought version. Heres what youll need to make it:
- Oats: were using old fashion rolled oats in this oat milk recipe. Feel free to use certified gluten free rolled oats!
- Water: the second key ingredient in homemade oat milk is water! This will help blend up the oats to make creamy oat milk.
You May Like: Does Green Tea With Ginseng Help You Lose Weight
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Ingredients
- brewed coffee I used cold-brew pumpkin spice coffee but plain coffee or even 1-2 shots of espresso works great as well!
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- pumpkin puree you can make your own or buy it! If you buy it, make sure the ingredient list is just pureed pumpkin dont accidentally buy pumpkin pie puree!
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Latte
After you make your first pumpkin spice latte at home, you will be wondering why you havent tried it sooner. The steps are so easy.
Begin by brewing the coffee. Then combine the milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice in a small saucepan. Heat it over medium heat and whisk until bubbles begin to form around the edges.
There are two methods for finishing the pumpkin spice latte: the blender or the immersion blender and frother method. Lets start with a traditional blender. You will need to remove the saucepan from the heat and pour it into the blender. Add in the vanilla and brewed coffee. Blend it for 30 seconds or until it becomes frothy. Then immediately pour the hot liquid into a mug. Add some whipped cream and some cinnamon on top as a garnish.
Or you can try out the immersion blender or frother method. Pour in the vanilla to the milk mixture and whisk with the immersion blender or milk frother. Once its frothy, pour onto the hot coffee and enjoy!
Also Check: How Many Calories In Twisted Tea Half And Half
The Original Pumpkin Spice Latte
Starbucks started making this famous drink back in 2003. And since this time, Starbucks fans wait for the arrival of the PSL season each yearits the symbolic start of Fall. According to the Starbucks website, here are the ingredients used to make the famous pumpkin spice latte
Milk, Pumpkin Spice Sauce , Brewed Espresso, Whipped Cream , Pumpkin Spice Topping
Here are a few of the reasons why I recommend avoiding the coffee shop version as a regular drink of choice:
- Natural flavors: A mystery ingredient that can be made up of many different secret ingredients.
- Loads of sugar: One pumpkin spice latte, according to Starbucks, contains over 50 grams of sugar . Thats A LOT, especially if youre indulging in this seasonal latte on a daily basis.
- Expensive: Have you priced out this cozy drink from a coffee shop lately? About $6! Thats a lot for a cup of coffee. By Making your own pumpkin spice lattes, youll save a ton of money, while also avoiding all the sugar.
What Readers Say:
This recipe turned out perfect!! Im drinking it right now and Im enjoying ever sip of it.
How To Make A Pumpkin Spice Latte
Are you wondering how to make a pumpkin spice latte? Its EASY!
- Heat up the low carb PSL. Combine the almond milk, heavy cream, pumpkin puree, Besti, and pumpkin pie spice and heat in the microwave, or on the stove-top.
TIP: The FASTEST and minimal-cleanup method is to heat right in the mug, in the microwave.
- Froth the low carb pumpkin spice latte. Add vanilla and use a milk frother to blend for about 30 seconds
Until the mixture is smooth and frothy, like this:
TIP: DONT skip the milk frother! It helps the sugar-free sweetener dissolve better and makes your keto pumpkin latte extra creamy.
- Add coffee. Stir in the brewed coffee.
- Garnish. Top this healthy homemade pumpkin spice latte with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Don’t Miss: Where Can You Buy Twisted Tea Light
What Is Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix Made Of
You can buy pumpkin pie spice at the store, but we typically make our own. Again, you probably already have everything you need in your spice cabinet to make it.
Our essential blend combines the following:
We use these three spices when making our favorite pumpkin pie and are beyond happy with them, but you can include one or more of the following spices to make the spice blend a little more complex:
- Nutmeg is bittersweet, warm, and earthy. I prefer freshly grated nutmeg, but ground works.
- Allspice is the dried berry of the Pimenta dioica tree and tastes like a combination of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Cayenne pepper adds a bit of heat to the blend. A small amount does the trick.
- Black pepper adds a little heat and complexity.
The Best Type Of Pumpkin For Cooking And Baking
It may seem tempting, but I wouldnt recommend cooking with the big pumpkins you normally get at the pumpkin patch. They tend to be very stringy and not flavorful.
Instead, I recommend using a pie pumpkin or sugar pumpkin . During the fall and winter seasons, most stores will have them available. Try to pick pumpkins between 3-6 pounds thats usually when the flesh is best.
You May Like: Which Tea Is The Healthiest
What Is In A Pumpkin Latte
When it comes to fall coffees, this drink is king. Whether you make it at home or order it in a coffee shop, this hot drink combines concentrated coffee or espresso with pumpkin, milk, vanilla and of course pumpkin spice. Here is what you need to make at home.
- ¼ cup of concentrated coffee
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- Whipped cream topping
All Hail The Psl Supremacy
Why is PSL a cult drink? For one, it is a seasonal delicacy which is mostly enjoyed in the holiday months. Because it is traditionally not available all year round, it is more alluring. Secondly, it tastes decadent but also has a kick of spice which goes perfectly well with a shot of espresso. It has a unique taste created by seemingly contrasting ingredients finding a perfect balance in one beverage.In short, PSL is a drink that looks good, feels good and so its global appeal is unsurprising.
Fighting an urge to visit your nearest cafe for a perfect pick-me-up with a tall glass of PSL? The good news is that you can brew this beverage at home too. Heres how.
Don’t Miss: Can You Buy Peace Tea In Bulk