More About Blue Curacao
The most important part of any blue drink, including the Blue Long Island? Blue curacao! This is what gives the drink its bright blue color. Youll need to make sure to pick up a bottle of it: and dont worry! Its not hard to find. Heres what to know:
- Blue curacao is an artificially-colored orange liqueur invented by Dutch settlers on the island of Curaçao. There are several colors of Curaçao: the most popular today are clear and blue. Blue curacao has been sold since 1912. Its flavored with the Laraha orange peel, a type of orange that grows on the island.
- How to pronounce Curaçao? Say it Cure-ah-souw.
- What does blue curacao taste like? It has a sweet orange peel flavor, with subtle bitter finish.
- How much does it cost? Blue curacao is inexpensive a 750 ml bottle costs about $10. Try to buy a mid-range bottle we like Drillaud brand .
- What else can you use it for? Lots of blue drinks! Mix up a Blue Margarita, Blue Hawaii, Aqua Velva, or Blue Lagoon.
Can You Use Substitutes If You Dont Have All The Liquors
The Blue Long Island Iced Tea is a bit of a kitchen sink style drink. It uses just about everything in the liquor cabinet! Luckily, you dont have to have all of the ingredients to make a tasty BLIIT. Here are a few tips on substitutions:
- Vodka, tequila, or gin: Leave one of these out and double one of the other liquors. For example, if you dont have gin double the tequila. Try to have at least three of the four main liquors if you can. Two of the four may also work.
- White rum: Use aged rum if you dont have white. You could use dark rum: just note that the color of the drink will be darker!
The Ginger Ale To Use
The ginger ale makes for a deliciously fresh Blue Long Island Iced Tea. In fact, we like it better than the standard version of the drink! You can use any brand you like, but here are some favorites:
- Q Ginger Ale: This is our top choice! It comes in small cans so you only have to use a little at a time.
- Fever Tree Ginger Ale: Fever Tree is made with real ginger and has no artificial sweeteners.
- More Ginger Ale Brands: Heres a list of more top brands.
Want more drinks with ginger ale? Go to 8 Classic Ginger Ale Cocktails.
Don’t Miss: What Herbal Tea Helps With Headaches
What The Blue Long Island Iced Tea Tastes Like
The Blue Long Island Iced Tea doesnt have the cola from the Long Island Iced Tea. Instead, it has blue curacao. That means instead of cola flavor, youre getting orange.
That makes this a delicious and very refreshing cocktail. Its all about the orange and lemon flavors. Oh, yes it has lemon juice, too.
Although you can taste that this drink has alcohol in it, the liquors dont really add much flavor. The rum adds a slight caramel note. The gin adds hints of herbal notes.
The agave flavor of the tequila comes through ever so slightly. The vodka doesnt really add any flavor at all. Its just there for a little more kick.
The Blue Long Island cocktail is a very refreshing drink. But its also one that can easily knock you off your feet.
The alcohol taste is more noticeable than in the normal Long Island. And yet it still manages to sneak up on you.
Discover Short Videos Related To Tipsy Bartender Long Island Iced Tea On Tiktok Explore The Latest Videos From Hashtags: #longislandicedtea #longislandbartender #longislandicedtea #longislandicetea #longlislandicetea #makinglongislandicetea #topcheflongislandicetea #ichhabeinlongislandicetea #bestlongislandrestaurant #longislandrestaurant
4.8K Likes, 55 Comments. TikTok video from Harley Wolfe : “I regret this so much #obeyrc #youshallobey #rum #longislandicedtea #trashcan #moonshine #cocktail #drinks #drink #bartender #bartendersoftiktok #tipsy #cocktailtok #drinksoftiktok #fyp #mistakesweremade #helpmeplease #drunkaf #drunktiktoks”. 2 Oz? of Homemade Moonshine | The shine was likely 60% ABV | 1/2 Oz Creme de Menthe | …. You’re Special! – Fallout 4 Song.
2.3K Likes, 37 Comments. TikTok video from Modern Makes : “Long Island Iced Tea #cocktail #drink #bar #bartender #longisland #longislandicedtea #homebar #cocktails #homebartender #drinks #drinkrecipe #fyp”. Long Island Iced Tea | Add Ice to Glass | Add 0.5oz Vodka | …. Satisfaction.
9.9K Likes, 389 Comments. TikTok video from Clives Classic Lounge : “How to make a #longislandicedtea #fyp #cocktail #cocktails #bartender #mixology #barlife #bartok #drinktok #drink #bartenderlife”. How to make a Long Island Ice Tea | 1/2 oz vodka, gin, rum, tequila, Cointreau | 3/4 oz lemon juice | …. Creative.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Iced Tea With Loose Leaf Tea
How To Make A Blue Long Island Iced Tea
Once youve assembled all of the ingredients, the Blue Long Island comes together in a flash! The flavors come out incredibly fresh and delicious. This drink has only 2.5 ounces alcohol, so its not as boozy as you think! Its similar to many of our 300+ cocktails, especially the other highball cocktails. Heres what to do:
- Stir: Pour all ingredients into a highball glass. Add ice and stir.
- Garnish: Add a lemon wedge if desired.
Tasty Twists On The Long Island Iced Tea
Written by Rebecca Whitney
The Long Island Iced Tea is one of the most famous drinks out there, and for good reason theyre delicious, easy to make, and strong enough to get you tipsy fast. From college kids drinking on a budget to anyone who enjoys a refreshing cold cocktail, everybodys a fan. Long Island recipes usually include vodka, gin, rum, tequila, and Triple Sec, but you can change it up in so many different ways! Try a Blue Hawaiian Long Island for a tropical twist, or Long Island shots for an itty-bitty remix. Theres even a National Iced Tea Day to celebrate! Whichever way you mix it up, youre sure to have a damn good time.
Read Also: Where To Get Dandelion Tea