Flavor Tips And Variations:
- Tea blends This recipe calls for plain black tea bags, but you can use whatever blend you like. For instance, fruit-infused black teas tend to make great iced tea.
- Using Green TeaIf you are using green tea, the hot brew method is particularly important as it can get bitter if you steep it cold.
- I have made this recipe using other citrus fruits like orange, tangerines, and limes. All of the flavors have been delicious so dont be afraid to play around and create your own!
What Do You Need To Make Mcdonalds Sweet Tea
All you need to make a refreshing sweet iced tea are some tea bags, sugar, water, lemon, and ice. However, before you set out to make the replica of McDonalds sweet tea, it would be wise to familiarize yourself with the difference between sweetened and sweet ice tea. The former is when you add sugar to your cup of tea after it is brewed.
Is the sweet tea at McDonalds too bitter?
Their sweet tea seems to miss the mark more often than not and despite theirs reigning above others, the occasional disappointment still isnt worth it. It is either too bitter, or sickeningly sweet, or not cold enough, or too diluted never just perfect like it used to be.
Whats the best thing to drink at McDonalds?
Iced tea is so refreshing. Nothing says summer like a thirst-quenching glass of iced tea. If asked what is my favorite menu item at McDonalds I will tell you it is their sweet tea. I know Iced tea making can be a very personal drink to make. We all have our favorite ways to make iced tea.
Alternatives To Iced Tea Vodka
Iced tea vodka is a truly unique creation. That said, it is not unlikely that this alcoholic beverage may not be to everyones liking. If iced tea vodka just is not your cup of tea, there are other alcoholic drinks you could give a try.
A popular alternative to iced tea vodka is other types of flavored vodka. There are several different flavored vodkas on the market, so you are bound to find one that tickles your fancy.
Some of the brands mentioned that created iced tea vodka also create other types of flavored vodkas. Some popular flavored vodkas to try include:
- Deep Eddy Lime Vodka
Read Also: Where Can I Buy Jason Winters Tea
How To Make Good Sweet Tea At Home
First, lets talk about the most basic kind of sweet tea. The bare-bones, classic southern sweet tea that we all know and love.
Basic sweet tea is made from three simple ingredients black tea , sugar, and water. Lets take a look at the instructions on how to make a simple sweet tea for yourself.
Ingredients for good sweet tea at home
These are the ingredients youll need for a single serving.
- 1 regular black tea bag
- Teaspoon of sugar
Instructions for good sweet tea at home
- Boil half a cup of water
- Place your tea bag into a cup
- Pour the boiling water into the cup and let the tea bag steep for five minutes
- Remove the tea bag and discard it
- Add sugar to the tea and stir until dissolved
- Add another half cup of cold water to top it off
- You can drink it as is, or you can add a slice of lemon, a sprig of mint, or some ice to cool it even more
Making this good sweet tea recipe your own
There are a couple of things that you can do to change this recipe to your liking.
Thats it for our simple but good sweet tea recipe. You can make this a lot easier with an electric kettle or water warmer, especially if you only want to make one cup at a time. But what if youre serving loads of guests? What if you want to make a lot more and keep it cold so you have plenty to keep you satisfied throughout the entire day?
How To Make Iced Tea
Homemade iced tea only requires a few simple steps and ingredients. Follow the process below and youll be sipping tea on the porch in no time.
- Brew the Tea: In a saucepan, bring half the water to boil and remove it from heat. Add in the tea bags and allow them to steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the Tea Bags: Remove the tea bags from the hot water. If you want sweet tea, add the sugar and whisk until its completely dissolved.
- Add the Cold Water: Add the remaining cold water to the hot tea and whisk. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until chilled.
- Serve: Serve the tea over ice with lemon slices and fresh mint.
Read Also: What Is The Best Green Tea For Belly Fat
What Is The Healthiest Sweet Tea
Sweet tea is often seen as unhealthy because youre adding a lot of sugar to the drink. However, you can avoid this by using sweeteners instead! Alternatively, you could experiment with syrups which can be better for you and dont contain as many calories.
You can even pick up pre-sweetened sweet tea bags that contain no calories. Just check out our huge range of sweet tea bags at Southern Breeze!
What Is Sweet Tea Vodka Made From
Firefly Original Sweet Tea Flavored Vodka is the first sweet tea vodka. It started at the Firefly Distillery on Wadmalaw Island, SC. It is made with all-natural ingredients with tea from a plantation just down the road & Louisiana sugarcane. Mix it with lemonade or water for a true southern sweet tea cocktail.
Also Check: How To Drink Tequila On The Rocks
Read Also: Starbucks Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
Deep Eddy Sweet Tea Vodka
Deep Eddy does vodka right. They use high-quality real corn and pure, clean water thats filtered through reverse osmosis. The vodka is distilled ten times in a premium copper pot still and filtered eight times through their proprietary system to ensure a perfectly smooth finish.
Deep Eddy Sweet Tea Vodka uses this excellent vodka as a base and blends it with whole-leaf black tea. Its sweetened with a touch of organic honey and nothing more. They promise to keep the spirit free from added sugar and other processed sweeteners.
It has a simple aroma with deep, rich notes of strong and well-steeped tea. Its a fresh, authentic aroma that leads into a more complex palate. Right away youll notice a steeped flavor peppered with notes of chocolate. The flavor builds into a sweeter mid-palate where youll notice the honey coming into play. The finish is warming and a little peppery. The sweet tea is undoubtedly present, but the honey and chocolate add some layers that make this one a true stand-out in the category.
Recommended Reading: Jose Cuervo Strawberry Margarita Ready To Drink
Difference Between Sweet Tea And Iced Tea
Sweet tea is often served with ice, but the preparation involves adding the sweetener to the tea while its still brewing or while its hot. This helps dissolves the sweetener and mix well with the mixture.
Ice tea on the other hand, refers to any kind of tea that is served with ice. There are variations across countries. In some cultures, the tea is brewed hot and then cooled to serve with ice. While other methods use cool brewing where the tea is brewed directly with ice over long periods of time.
These two categories are not mutually exclusive and often overlap. But while iced tea is always served with ice, it may or may not be sweet. On the other hand, sweet tea is isolated to the U.S.
Other parts of the world serve sweet ice tea, but its generally referred to as iced tea. However, there are many different varieties of sweetened tea that are served both hot and cold, while iced teas can be both sweetened and unsweetened.
Don’t Miss: What Kind Of Tea Is Good For Heartburn
What Is The Difference Between Sweet Tea And Sweetened Iced Tea
Although similar, there is a distinct difference between sweet tea and sweetened iced tea based on the brewing method, the type of sweetener used, and when you add the sweetener to the tea.
For proper sweet tea, you must always brew the tea using water that is right off the boil and add the sugar to the water while it is still hot. On the other hand, for sweetened iced tea, you can use any brewing method and sweetener you want. A lot of people use the cold-brewing method to help reduce acidity and honey, simple syrup, or even agave syrup as sweeteners.
I hope you give this recipe a try next time you are looking for the perfect southern sweet tea recipe.
How To Serve From Concentrate
One recipe makes 16 individual servings or is enough for a gallon of tea!
Single serving. Add ¼ cup of concentrate to a glass. Top with ice and ¾ cup of cold water. Stir to combine.
Gallon. Pour all of the concentrate into a gallon pitcher and fill with cold water. Stir to combine.
Heres my Southern Sweet Tea recipe. I hope you love it as much as my family always has.
Also Check: Studying For The Teas Test 2021
How Much Sugar In Sweet Tea Vs Soda
Most store-bought sodas these days dont contain any real sugar at all! Big soda brands prefer cheaper corn syrup as a sweetener, but a few smaller brands still use sugar in their soda recipes.
It isnt uncommon for these colas to have three or more cups of sugar per gallon. Even if you like your tea really sweet, cola will probably have a lot more sugar per serving.
How Do I Make Southern Sweet Tea
- Start with a sprinkle of baking soda in a 64-ounce heat-resistant glass pitcher.
- Add 4 cups of boiling water, followed by 12 tea bags. Allow the tea to steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags then add Â¾ cup of white sugar, and stir until its dissolved.
- Finally, pour in 4 cups of cool water and refrigerate until the sweet tea is cold.
- Serve over ice, garnishes optional.
Read Also: What’s The Best Tea For Headaches
What Makes Chick Fil A Sweet Tea So Good
Chick Fil A is one of the best places to go whenever youre hankering for a delicious chicken sandwich. But you wont find one of the most popular official menu items served between two pieces of bread! That is because it is the chains legendary Sweet Tea.
Made with high-quality ingredients, Chick Fil A sweet tea is a must-have every time you visit, but even if you cant make it to the restaurant, you can now enjoy the same authentic sweet tea at home with this recipe.
Tips For The Best Iced Tea
Below, find a couple of tips and tricks to help you make the best iced tea.
- Be sure to measure the water. To prevent your tea from turning out too strong or too watery, measure the water to make sure you arent adding too much or too little.
- Set a timer for the steeping. Dont let the tea steep longer than 10 minutes, or else it will turn bitter. Set a timer so you dont forget to remove the bags.
- Experiment with different teas. If youre not a fan of black tea, try using green tea instead. You could also go caffeine-free and use a variety of herbal teas. Mint tea is especially delicious iced.
- Play around with different sweeteners. You can use honey, agave syrup, coconut sugar, or even maple syrup to sweeten your tea. Play around with different sweeteners and tea combinations to see what you like best!
- Use filtered water. Use filtered water instead of tap water to get the smoothest flavor. There are lots of additives and minerals in tap water that can dull the taste.
Can I use loose-leaf tea? Yes, one teabag roughly equals about one teaspoon of loose leaf tea so youll need 2 Tablespoons. Simply dump the tea leaves into the hot water and strain them out using a fine-mesh sieve. Follow the directions as noted and enjoy!
You May Like: Does Tea Help With Constipation
What Is A French Press
- The French press is a small glass pitcher with a plunger made of fine mesh to keep the grounds separate from the coffee and pushed to the bottom when the coffee is brewed and used as well for other drinks.
- Despite the name, the French press is actually Italian. It was patented by an Italian designer in 1929. Yes, it is that old.
- When using the French press to brew tea, it is necessary to pour up the tea into a pitcher as soon as it is finished steeping to avoid the tea from becoming bitter.
- French press tea is not suitable for tea that needs to be boiled, such as Indian Chai.
Will The Real Inventor Of Sweet Tea Please Stand Up
Trick question because sweet tea is best enjoyed sitting down. Preferably on a porch.
Most historians will agree that the first place in the United States to achieve long-term tea production was in Summerville, at Dr. Charles Shepards Pinehurst Tea Plantation. After that, though, the truth about sweet teas origin gets a little murky.
The first known published sweet tea recipe was in an 1879 cookbook by Marion Cabell Tyree called Housekeeping in Old Virginia.However, it calls for green tea, not black.
Then, theres the popular anecdote claiming iced tea was invented at the 1904 Worlds Fair in Chicago. But two things are wrong with this story: 1. It isnt true, as evidenced partially by the aforementioned recipe, the event, and 2. Even if it were true, the story does still not account for sweet tea.
Additionally, there really arent any historical accounts that explain the exact origin of sweet tea as we know it today: black tea, sweetened while hot, + poured over ice.
Cant turn water into wine? Turn it into sweet tea.
While we dont know for certain where sweet tea came from , theres one interesting theory about how it became so popular in the South: Baptists.
Some theorize that, because Southern Baptists are teetotalers , they instead tend to indulge in sugary beverages. In other words since theyre not getting sugar from alcohol consumption theyre putting it in their tea. Hallelujah sweet tea!
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Rosemary Tea
What State Is Sweet Tea Most Popular
Which states are known for their sweet tea? It is generally agreed upon that the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Virginia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia are the ones in which sweet tea has the greatest level of popularity and is eaten to the greatest extent.
Tips For The Best Sweet Tea Recipe
- Don’t Add Tea Bags to Boiling Water: You want to bring the water barely to a boil, remove it from the heat, and then add the teabags to the hot water. Placing the tea bags in boiling water can “burn” the tea and give the drink a bitter taste.
- Don’t Steep Too Long: Southern sweet tea uses a quick-steeping method. That means that you want to leave the tea bags in the hot water for about 4-5 minutes , but not much more than 10-15 minutes at most. Steeping tea for too long can give the drink a bitter taste.
- Add Baking Soda: It might sound weird, but the best sweet tea includes a little bit of baking soda to neutralize the tannins in the tea, prevent a “cloudy” look, and give the tea a smoother taste.
- Add the Sugar While the Tea is Hot: Don’t wait to stir the sugar into the tea when the tea has already cooled. Instead, vigorously whisk or stir the sugar into the hot liquid so that the sugar completely dissolves . If you do it this way, you don’t need to bother with making a simple syrup on the stovetop.
- Allow the tea to chill for at least 4 hours, but overnight is best. You don’t want to pour warm tea over ice in a glass!
- Garnish: While the tea is delicious over ice on its own, I love the bright, fresh taste that you get from of a squeeze of lemon or a sprig of mint.
Read Also: Is Ginger Tea Good For Asthma
What Makes Sweet Iced Tea So Refreshing
Sweet tea is the classic Southern summer beverage. But even if you dont live in the South, there is just something satisfying about sipping an ice-cold glass of fresh sweet tea when the weather gets warm.
Whether hosting friends or just having a family supper, a pitcher of homemade sweet tea is always welcome.
Southern Sweet Tea History
Southern sweet tea used to be considered a luxury, only available to the very rich.
In the hot summers of yesteryear, ice used to be a rare and expensive commodity.
Before ice makers and electricity, blocks of ice had to be shipped from cold regions far away.
Sweet tea began appearing in cookbooks as more of a spiked tea punch in the early 1800s. The earliest written sweet tea recipe was published in 1879 in a community cookbook called Housekeeping in Old Virginia by Marion Cabell Tyree. Even today, sweet tea cocktails and spiked iced tea recipes are a delicious addition to a picnic or dinner party.
The earliest written sweet tea recipe was published in 1879 in a community cookbook called Housekeeping in Old Virginia by Marion Cabell Tyree.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Teas Exam Like