Precautions To Take For Preventing Or Treating Nail Fungus
- Maintain short and clean nails as it helps to prevent bacteria getting clogged up under the nails. Use a manicure kit to maintain clean nails.
- Make sure to wear shoes or sandals in public places like swimming pool, gym, and others. As nail fungus is contagious, it can easily spread in these places.
- Prefer wearing sandals instead of shoes if it is not necessary. Shoes create a warm and dark environment which can lead to fungal growth.
- Make sure to wear ventilated socks which restrict moisture buildup and promote air circulation.
- Wear preventive gloves while cleaning clothes or washing dishes. It helps to avoid any further complications and also keeps your hands dry.
- If nail fungus persists even after trying home remedies for more than 8 weeks then consults a podiatrist.
- Instead of normal nail polishes, it is better to use medicated ones.
Can Extreme Toenail Fungus Be Cured
Fungal nail infections typically dont go away on their own, and the best treatment is usually prescription antifungal pills taken by mouth In severe cases, a healthcare professional might remove the nail completely It can take several months to a year for the infection to go away.
Toenail fungus can be tough to get rid of because it can get into and in between those layers It may also sit on top of the nail or grow underneath it In some cases, fungus can get into the cells that make the nail, called the nail matrix.
Dont Miss: Is Iced Tea Good For Your Liver
Apple Cider Vinegar And Tea Tree Oil For Toenail Fungus:
Apple cider vinegar dis- comforts the fungus and it doesnt allow it to enter the nail due to the presence of anti fungal properties.
- Fill the bowl with water and a cup of Apple cider vinegar
- Soak finger for 40 min. And towel dry
- Using cotton ball apply tea tree oil on the affected nail
- Leave it to dry completely
Repetitions: Repeat it twice a day.
Best Time to apply: Morning and before bed.
Read Also: Dunkin Iced Matcha Latte Caffeine
What Kills Toenail Fungus Fast
Prepare Nails Before Applying Tea Tree Oil
Before you use a product with Tea Tree oil as an ingredient on your nails, it is important to first prepare your nails. Imagine trying to shampoo your hair without first having to wash it it would not work, and neither will using Tea Tree oil on your nails
Step 1. Trim the areas of your nail which are affected by nail fungus.
First, you need to remove the areas on your nails that are heavily affected by this fungus. That is if it can be easily removed. Think of this like trimming your nails. You should remove as much of your infected nail as is safely possible.
Step 2. File down remaining areas of your nail which are affected by nail fungus.
Once you have used clippers or nail scissors to remove areas of infected nail, you should now use a nail file to remove the last remaining areas which can be safely filed away. The aim is to remove as much of your nail infection as is possible before treating it with Tea Tree oil.
This helps any treatment you apply after to have maximum effect.
Step 3. Wash your nails thoroughly to remove affected nail fungus dust.
Now you are done the cutting and removing infected areas of your nail, it is time to wash away any debris. You might not be able to see it, but it is almost definitely still there. Wash carefully with tepid water and a skin friendly shower gel.
Step 4. Carefully dry your nails taking care not to irritate them by rubbing vigorously.
You May Like: Does Tea Tree Oil Make Your Hair Grow
Tea Tree Oil And Oregano Oil
The carvocrol compound present in oregano oil possesses potent fungicidal properties which makes it an effective remedy to combat nail fungus.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of organic coconut oil.
- Add 30 drops each of tea tree oil and oregano oil.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the mixture on the infected finger or toenail.
- Leave it to dry completely without rinsing off.
- Repeat the process once in a day until infection clears.
Toenail Fungus Treatment Extra Strength
- HEALTHY, BEAUTIFUL FEET & NAILS DESIGNED BY NATURE: Stop the spread of nail damage. Using a natural blend of tea tree oil and oregano oil, FootCure nail solution is designed to penetrate to the core of nail damage and remove it for good. Our foot solution nourishes skin and nails and repairs toenail and fingernail damage to give you beautiful skin and nails
- SAVE YOURSELF THE EMBARRASSMENT: Walking around with nail damage can be humiliating. FootCure toenail solution delivers exactly what damaged nails and skin need to recover and stop the spread of damage. Kick off your shoes without worry, show off your beautiful toes, and get comfy!
- BUILDS STRONGER NAILS & REPAIRS DAMAGE: Nail discoloration can cause significant damage to toenails and skin if left unchecked. Thats why FootCuress toenail solution is made with extra care in the USA. It uses natural tea tree oil and oregano oil to nourish and repair irritated nails while simultaneously getting rid of toenail damage. Expect to see results in as little as 4 weeks.
- 100% GUARANTEED RESULTS OR YOUR MONEY BACK – NO QUESTIONS: The health and well being of our customers will always come first above everything else. If for any reason youre not satisfied with the results that FootCure brings you, were happy to offer you a 30-day Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee with no questions asked. This way you can try out our nail solution full of confidence, without having to worry about wasting your money!
Don’t Miss: How To Get Tea Stains Out Of Clothes
Some Practical Steps You Can Take To Fight Nail Fungus
- Wash your hands and feet with soap and warm water when you take your shoes off for the day. Dry them very well, including between your fingers and toes.
- Trim your toenails so they are straight across and are shorter than the ends of your toes. This allows more air to circulate around the nail beds and provides less room for the fungus to grow.
- Dont wear the same socks multiple times. Wash them between wearing. Also, choose socks that wick away rather than hold onto moisture. Hot, sweaty feet encourage fungus growth.
- Wear sandals or canvas or leather shoes rather than ones made of synthetic materials that dont allow airflow.
- Go barefoot at home whenever possible.
- Sterilize clippers and nail files between useswash with soap and warm water and then wipe with rubbing alcohol.
- Avoid wearing nail polish for long periods of time on affected nails nail polish makes a watertight layer over the nail, which traps moisture beneath and resists topical fungal treatment. Regularly give your nails a polish-free break to get some air and dry out.
- Establish a daily nail care regime that includes a good fungus-fighting nail oil. A few minutes at the beginning and end of your day is all it takes.
Vinegar soaks can also be helpful for treating many kinds of fungus:
Symptoms That You Have Nail Fungus
When your finger or toenails look yellow, thickened, brittle and flaky, you very likely have nail fungus. A small amount of this fungus is not likely to cause you a problem however, if, given the opportunity to grow, youll begin to see a full-blown nail fungus infection.
At the root of a nail there will be an overgrowth of fungus. This happens when nail fungus is unable to grow naturally on your fingers or toenails.
Correcting its growth will help relieve side effect symptoms associated with this condition which are pain, itchiness and tender skin on the affected area.
As fungus decreases the side effects vanish with time. This, however, can take time and therefore you have to treat the affected area regularly. Basically, the affected areas of the nail will need to grow out and the sore, tender areas of skin will need to heal.
This is normal, and it means that you are resolving the root cause of your nail fungus for the long-term.
Read Also: What Is Spearmint Tea Good For
Kerassentials Oil Reviews Real Toenail Fungus Support
Student at dinajpur polytechnic institute
In this article, we will discuss the Kerassentials supplement in detail. We will talk about the antifungal properties and other benefits of the ingredients of Kerassentials and how the customers feel about this product.
Looking after your skin and nails is important for many reasons. Not only does it improve your appearance, but it can also help in keeping you healthy. Your skin is your body’s largest organ, and it plays a vital role in protecting you from infection and disease. Taking care of your skin means taking care of yourself, which can positively impact your overall health and well-being.
Your nails are also an important part of your body, and taking care of them can help prevent problems such as infections. Keeping your nails clean and trim will also make them look their best.
Caring for your skin and nails is not only good for your health, but it can also boost your confidence and self-esteem. If you feel good about the way you look, you’re more likely to feel good about yourself in general. So, if you’re not already doing so, start taking care of your skin and nails.
Dermatologists have claimed that serious skin and nail diseases like infections and eczema begin with small symptoms that we often tend to overlook. Maintaining healthy skin and nails is as important as maintaining a healthy body.
How To Apply Tea Tree Oil For Nail Fungus
You can use tea tree oil for nail fungus by adding it to a carrier oil like coconut or almond oil. Add one or two drops of tea tree oil to 1 to 2 teaspoons of any carrier oil.
Use a cotton swab or cotton bud to apply the tea tree oil blended with a carrier oil to your infected nail. You can wear gloves on the unaffected hand to apply the essential oil. Cover all the areas of the toenail and the surrounding skin as well. Place the cotton swab soaked in the essential oil for a few minutes to allow the nail and the surrounding skin to fully absorb the oil.
Avoid wearing shoes or socks immediately as the tea tree oil can get rubbed off of your nail and skin.
Read Also: How Do You Make Green Tea Shots
Tea Tree Oil And Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol contains sterilizing properties which are helpful in killing the fungus. This method is effective for nail fungus in mild cases or budding stage. It may not be effective for severe nail fungus infections.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of alcohol, 10 drops of grape seed extract, and 20 drops of tea tree oil.
- Pour into spray bottle and shake gently.
- Spray the mixture on nails and let it air dry.
- Now massage a small amount of coconut oil and leave it to dry.
- Repeat the process once in a day.
Tea Tree Oil To Treat Toenail Fungus: How To Use
Toe nail fungus is the most difficult situation to deal with. Toe nail fungus is caused when moisture gets trapped in warm conditions and fungus starts collecting over that place. Nail fungus problem starts with white or yellow spot beneath the tip of finger or toenail. we can say it as an infection if there are more spots like this on your other nail as well . It leads to discoloration of the nails also .
Tea tree oil is most useful because it has been used extensively for healing injuries in skin and their rich medicinal values makes them good enough in fighting against infections. Applying tea tree oil on a regular basis is said to cure fungal infections on nails.
Recommended Reading: What Is Elderberry Tea Good For
Tea Tree Oil And Olive Oil
As per few studies, olive oil contains hydroxytyrosol, an antioxidant which is effective in killing the fungus, yeast and molds associated with toenail or fingernail fungus. Olive oil also helps to speed up healing process of skin surrounding the affected nail.
- Mix equal quantities of tea tree oil and olive oil.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the mixture on nails and allow to dry.
- Rinse with water and pat dry.
- Repeat the process regularly.
Note: You can use olive leaf extract oil or ozonated olive oil instead of virgin olive oil.
Alternative: You can use lavender oil instead of olive oil and follow the same process. Lavender oil possess antiseptic properties and volatile compounds that fight against the fungus.
Tea Tree Oil For Acne
Tea tree oil, when properly diluted, may help mild to moderate acne, Krant says. Experts believe that the liquids acne-fighting power comes from its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Although more research needs to be done, existing studies are promising. A review of seven studies, including three double-blind trials, published in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents in 2015, concluded that products containing at least 5 percent tea tree oil, applied twice daily for multiple weeks, is likely to reduce acne. The researchers also concluded that people experienced similar adverse reactions to tea tree oil as they did to other medicated acne treatments, such as dryness, stinging, and burning.
If tea tree oil alone isnt strong enough to clear up acne, combining it with other medications, such as benzoyl peroxide or retinoids may do the trick, Krant says. Retinoids add benefit by working to exfoliate and normalize cell development and turnover rates, she sayswhich tea tree oil does not appear to do. But keep in mind that using tea tree oil to treat acne can also cause rashes.
Read Also: What’s In Twisted Hard Iced Tea
How Do You Dilute Tea Tree Oil
It is essential to dilute the oil with a carrier oil, such as almond oil, coconut oil, olive oil, or even sesame seed oil. Tea tree oil should be diluted with 12 drops of a carrier oil for every one to two drops of tea tree oil. Additionally, exercise caution while using tea tree oil in the vicinity of the eyes. A reaction to the substance might include redness and inflammation.
Gently Cleanse With Soap And Water
Cleansing removes any remaining debris that may be left over. It also kills bacteria that may interfere with the antibacterial properties of the oil breaking down the nail fungus. Clean in the area between the toes, and rinse off all traces of soap. Make sure your feet are completely dry after cleansing to stop even further fungal growth.
Don’t Miss: Diet Snapple Raspberry Tea Singles To Go
Findings From Lab Studies
The study showed that tea tree oil was significantly more effective at inhibiting the growth of T. rubrum than a placebo.
However, the researchers experimented using lab-grown T. rubrum cultures and human nail clippings. It is not clear whether tea tree oil would have the same effects on infected nail tissue in humans.
The researchers also administered the tea tree oil in a nanosuspension. A contains small particles of a drug suspended in water, which makes the drug easier to absorb. It is not clear whether widely available forms of tea tree oil would have the same effects on nail fungus.
How Long It Will Take To Recover
Using the oil consistently will give you visible results. Depending on how severe your infection was, to begin with, it may take anywhere between a few weeks to a few months for your nails to heal completely.
After a few months, you will grow a new nail that is free from any fungal growth. However, it is advised to continue the tea tree oil treatment to ensure that the fungus does not return.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Steep Tea
The 7 Best Essential Oils For Toenail Fungus
Oregano essential oil is considered a strong and natural antibiotic, antiviral, and antifungal due to its high content of carvacrol and thymol.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree essential oil is a powerful antiseptic that can prevent infections and accelerate wound healing.
Peppermint essential oil is an antifungal and also acts as a potent pain reliever that, thanks to its high content of menthol, provides a cooling and soothing effect that can help relieve itching.
Cinnamon essential oil is rich in eugenol and cinnamaldehyde.
These healing compounds make it a potent antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial.
Lavender essential oil is one of the most well-known essential oils on the market.
Its rich in linalool and linalyl acetate, which makes it very helpful for fungal skin conditions and wound healing.
Lemon essential oil is a powerful antifungal, antibacterial, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory.
Due to its high content of eugenol, clove oil is a powerful antifungal that can also fight parasites and promote good blood circulation.
Treating The Root Cause Of Toenail Fungus
Image Credit:Unsplash. This image has been modified.
Does Tea Tree Oil Work for Nail Fungus?
Tea tree essential oil is pitted against the antifungal cream lotrimin for the treatment of fungal nail infection, but what about treating the underlying cause?
Onychomycosis is a fungal infection of our nails, usually the toenails, but sometimes the fingernails. It is characterized by nail discoloration, deformity, detachment, thickening, crumbling, and ridging. You can see an example of onychomycosis below and at 0:19 in my video Does Tea Tree Oil Work for Nail Fungus?.
The reported prevalence is estimated to be about 1 in every 25 people, though its more common in older individualsone in five individuals over 60 years of age and half of those older than 70 years. Unfortunately, its really hard to treat. The fungus can hide deep inside the nail, so it can remain protected from the blood supply on one side and any treatment you apply topically on the other. Therefore, recurrence after treatment is common due to residual hyphae or spores that were not previously eliminated even if you had been able to beat back the fungus. Many of the systemic oral treatments can be toxic, and many topical applications require long treatment courses, which may limit patient compliance, especially in patients who want to use nail polish for cosmesis or camouflage to cover it up.
What about other fungal infections? Check out Does Tea Tree Oil Work for Dandruff and Athletes Foot?.
Don’t Miss: Can Black Tea Help You Lose Weight