California Residents: Tap Here For Proposition 65 Warning
|WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol|
|WARNING: Many food and beverage cans have linings containing bisphenol A , a chemical known to cause harm to the female reproductive system. Jar lids and bottle caps may also contain BPA. You can be exposed to BPA when you consume foods or beverages packaged in these containers. For more information, go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/BPA|
You May Like: Bubble Tea Without Tapioca
Recipe For Long Island Iced Tea
Take a Collins glass fill it with ice then pour vodka, rum, tequila, gin, triple sec, simple syrup, and lemon juice.
Add a dash of Coca cola to the top and stir briefly.
Now garnish it with a lemon wedge and serve it with a straw.
Heres A Video By Tipsy Bartender On How To Make A Long Island Iced Tea
The Iced Tea part of the name comes from the tea color and sweet taste of the triple sec. ~LongIsland.com
Nutrients Of Long Island Iced Tea
How many kcal does a Long Island Iced Tea have? You can find out here. One serving contains:
- 5 Ice cubes
- The preparation of the Long Island Iced Tea Cocktail is very easy. Put all ingredients into a glass filled with ice and stir a few times.
- Garnish the cocktail with a few slices of lemon or lime and thats it!
You May Like: How Long Does Fit Tea Take To Work
Dont Let Long Island Iced Tea Sneak Up On You
What cocktail enthusiasts really need to keep in mind is that the flavor of this cocktail is so smooth that it barely tastes like a cocktail at all, and its easy to overindulge. One way to protect yourself from getting drunker than you intended is to ask the bartender or server how much of each alcohol is being used. In addition, be sure not to drink on an empty stomach and to drink a full glass of water before having another cocktail following this one. As long as youre careful and pace yourself, the Long Island Iced Tea will bring you a party in a glass.
What Is A Long Island Iced Tea
The Long Island is a highball cocktail, a hefty concoction consisting of not two, not three, but four different spirits. If mixing vodka, tequila, gin and rum makes you wary, youll be pleasantly surprised to know that the Long Island is, in truth, pretty good. The addition of sour mix, Triple Sec and cola takes the bite out of the booziness. The best part is that its as easy to make as it is to drink.
Recommended Reading: How Much Alcohol In Twisted Tea
Don’t Miss: Strawberry Popping Boba Dunkin
What Are The Best Spirits For A Long Island Iced Tea
- Quality value Tequilas like Espoln Tequila Blanco and El Jimador Silver are great options.
- Bacardi White Rum or Captain Morgan are excellent choices. Theyre good rums that arent too expensive.
- A good vodka, such as Titos Handmade Vodka or New Amsterdam Vodka, is all that is required for a Long Island Iced Tea.
- Long Island Iced Tea pairs well with classics like Beefeater or Tanqueray, as well as New Amsterdam Gin.
- Although Cointreau is a well-known brand of triple Sec, feel free to use one that is less expensive, such as DeKuyper. Even though Grand Marnier is a combination of cognac and triple Sec rather than straight triple sec, its a good substitute if thats all you have.
The Long Island Iced Tea Standard Ingredients
In the following paragraphs, we are going to take a look at the standard Long Island Iced Tea ingredients. Overall, Long Island iced tea contains five shots of alcohol, a sweet and sour mix, and fuzzy drink or juice, according to your preferences
- Vodka When it comes to making Long Island iced tea, it is important to start with vodka. Now, you cannot use the standard vodka the vodka for this drink needs to be good for mixing and blending with other alcohol and ingredients. Therefore, you will need ½ oz of good, mixing vodka. We recommend you use the Finlandia vodka, which is excellent for mixing drinks. It is somewhat strong and has a bitter aftertaste, but in combination with other Long Island ingredients, it creates a perfect flavor.
- Gin Another important Long Island iced tea ingredient is gin. You will need ½ oz of best-dried gin for this drink. Just like the vodka, the gin you use needs to be able to mix well with other alcohol and ingredients. Therefore, we recommend you use the Beefeater gin, which is great because it is both spicy and fruity, and creates a great balance in the drink. This gin is dry but has a wonderful herbal bouquet and a citrus aftertaste. This makes it perfect for the Long Island iced tea. You can also try using the Bombay Sapphire gin, which is also ideal for mixing gin in cocktails.
Dont Miss: What Brand Of Green Tea Is The Healthiest
Exact Answer: 5 Minutes
You can prepare the island iced tea if you have all the ingredients at your home. Making island iced tea is extremely easy, but you have to prepare it correctly. Many folks have island iced tea in their diets, as it makes up the mood. Island iced tea is the best companion in summers. If you follow all the steps of preparation correctly, then you can prepare some refreshing island iced tea.
The most important part about island iced tea is the preparation. The preparation of island iced tea is very easy but needs some techniques to be followed. You can do many changes and modifications to make your tea more riveting. You can add some ingredients to enhance the flavors of island iced tea.
Why It Takes This Long To Make Island Iced Tea
Making Island tea will not take more than, 5 minutes. You just have to gather all the required ingredients to make the process smoother. The tea is made using ready-made ingredients, therefore the process is quite easy.
It wont take much time, as it will not require any cooking process. You can prepare island iced tea using very few ingredients. You can add lime juice to your island iced tea to increase the citrus flavor in your drink. You can always try out your creativity skills to make your island ice tea fancier.
Many people add maple syrup and many other syrups to make their island iced tea more eye-catchy. The tea would be a savior for people that love having different types of alcohol in one single glass.
Also Check: Skinnyfit Snack Attack Reviews
For The First Time Captain Morgan Long Island Iced Tea
As a pre-mixed drink, Captain Morgan Long Island Iced Tea is highly practical. The cocktail of Captain Morgan comes surprisingly close to the freshly mixed model. Reddish brown in the glass and Caribbean-aromatic, it is ideal for the next party or a cozy evening with friends. Simply pour the drink on ice into a Collins glass and your enjoyment can begin.
Also Check: What Tea Lowers Your Blood Sugar
What Are Some Other Twists On A Long Island Iced Tea
- Long Beach Iced Tea replace the cola with cranberry juice for a more west coast feel.
- Hawaiian Iced Tea go even further west by replacing the cola with pineapple juice.
- Electric Iced Tea skip the triple sec in favor of blue curacao, and use lemon-lime soda in place of the cola for a bright blue cocktail.
- Purple Rain replace the triple sec with Chambord and the cola with lemon-lime soda for a very raspberry sipper.
- Texas Tea if five liquors arent enough for you, add 1/2 ounce of bourbon to the mix, too. Everythings bigger in Texas and apparently, also boozier.
Check out these other amazing mixed drinks!
Tools used to make this Long Island Iced Tea
Measuring Shot Glass: Make your cocktail fabulous every time with these measurement shot glasses. Each glass has ounces and teaspoon measurements printed on them so you know youre pouring the right amount for each drink.
Cocktail Shaker: This shaker is a bartenders best friend! Easy to use and the best way to mix up your favorite cocktails!
Highball Glasses: Im a cocktail enthusiast and a great cocktail should be served in quality glass. These highball glasses have a great weight to them and the classic design will never go out of style.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Get Bubble Tea
Also Check: Most Expensive Earl Grey Tea
History Of The Long Island Iced Tea
There are many assertions about when the Long Island Iced Tea was invented, spanning different decades. But the most famous claimant is Robert Rosebud Butt. The drink was created in 1972 when Butt was a bartender at the Oak Beach Inn Hotel in Long Island, New York. He participated in a cocktail contest in which contestants had to come up with a new cocktail using Triple Sec.
50 years prior to this, a similar cocktail was invented: the Old Man Bishop. This was during the turbulent times of the prohibition in 1920s America. In a neighbourhood called Long Island in Kingsport, Tennessee, an old man with the nickname Old Man Bishop invented a drink containing whiskey, maple syrup, gin, vodka, tequila, and rum. In the 1960s, the first recipe published under the name of Long Island Iced Tea appeared in Betty Crockers New Picture Cook Book .
The recipe that is now made and consumed worldwide is based on Robert Rosebud Butts recipe and combines equal parts Triple Sec, gin, rum, vodka, and tequila with lime juice, sugar syrup and a splash of cola.
Also Check: How Much Alcohol In Twisted Tea
Can You Make Flavored Simple Syrup
Yes, you can! Flavored syrups are fun as well. Here are a few flavoring options:
- Cinnamon: Add a few sticks of cinnamon to the syrup when its hot, and let steep for a few hours or overnight. Strain and store.
- Herbal syrup: Springs of rosemary, lemon thyme, lemon verbena, sage, mint, and/or lemon balm leaves all make wonderful additions to simple syrup. Add a small handful of the fresh herbs to the hot syrup, steep for about 30 minutes, then strain and store.
- Vanilla syrup: Add a split vanilla bean to the simmering syrup. Let the vanilla bean cool in the syrup. Strain and store.
- Ginger syrup: Cut slices from a 3-inch piece of ginger root and add to the simmering syrup. Let the ginger slices cool in the syrup. Strain and store.
- Honey or Demerara sugar: Use the same 1 to 1 one formula of honey or sugar to water. Honey offers a light floral quality while demerara sugar brings a deeper, richer note than a syrup made with granulated sugar.
Blue Long Island Iced Tea Drink Recipe
We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclaimer.
You can just imagine how the Blue Long Island Iced Tea drink recipe came to be. Once upon a time, it must have occurred to someone that the Long Island Iced Tea was nearly perfect. Except for one thing: it wasnt blue.
Dont Miss: Gold Peak Diet Tea Case
Add Soda To Fill Gently Stir And Garnish With A
Pour all ingredients into a collins glass almost filled with ice cubes. This drink makes smurfs go crazy just by replacing the triple sec with blue curacao. Long beach ice tea 9. Pour vodka, rum, gin, tequila, triple sec, and sour mix over ice Stir well, garnish with a slice of lime, and serve. Electric long island iced tea drink recipe. Drink recipes made with the ingredients above. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Variation on the long island iced tea. 1 shake the vodka, gin, bourbon, lemon juice, and triple sec with ice Add enough cola to almost reach the top of the glass. Taking its inspiration from a long island ice tea, this recipe flips the traditional lit recipe Channel island iced tea 3.
Electric Long Island Iced Tea Recipe / Long Island Iced Tea Recipe Ingredients How To Make. Feb 16, 2017 · pour all ingredients into a collins glass almost filled with ice cubes. Garnish with a lemon slice. Highland cooler cosmo tokyo tea Galliano island iced tea 7. Electric long island iced tea drink recipe.
Long island ice tea 10 long island iced tea recipe. Fill a highball glass with ice.
Recommended Reading: Does Green Tea Help With Kidney Stones
Long Island Iced Tea Ingredients
The Long Island Iced Tea is a highball cocktail made with 5 liquors: vodka, tequila, rum, gin and orange liqueur. When mixed together with cola the drink has a brown color, just like iced tea . The modern version of this cocktail was most likely invented in 1972 by a bartender in Long Island, New York: hence the name.
The LIIT took off and became so popular that it made the list of the International Bartender Associations IBA official cocktails! This means that it has an official definition. Whats in a Long Island Iced Tea?
- Lemon juice
Yes, thats a lot of ingredients. Lets talk through why this makes the best Long Island Iced Tea recipe, and then whether there are substitutes!
Enjoy These 10 Tropical Cocktails At The Spots Where They Were Invented
In 2018, representatives of the two Long Islands even engaged in a public argument about who should take credit for the eponymous cocktail.
Long Island, New York bartender Butch Yamali wrote an open letter to Kingsport:Not since the Battle of Long Island in the Revolutionary War has Long Islands honor been so challenged. We on Long Island celebrate our beaches, our accents, and most of all, our booze. Yamali concludes by challenging Tennessee to a Battle for the Tea, to be held in either state.
But Tennesseans didnt take that sort of talk lying down. Visit Kingsport Executive Director Jud Teague responded, again in a public letter:Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so thanks a bunch! You may claim youre the best but well always be the original and theres no getting around that. So, in the Yall versus Yous Guys challenge, we graciously accept. Be sure to bring your momnem.
Representatives from the two states met for battle in Washington in June 2019, after two taste tests conducted on each states home turf. Tennessee was declared the victor, but New York participants have disputed the results indicating that the contest was a fraud.
It seems that well never really definitively know where Long Island iced tea originated and who makes it best.
Don’t Miss: Twisted Tea Light Ingredients
The History Of The Cosmopolitan
The Cosmopolitan is a vodka daisy, which is a sour made with fresh citrus and a liqueur like curacao. Where its siblings, the Margarita and the Sidecar, play it fairly straight, the Cosmopolitans nod to the cranberries of Cape Cod makes it an almost singular pleasure.
For such a relatively new drink, the Cosmopolitans origins have become as often debated as the classics of the late 19th Century. What we can say for sure is that the drinka standard sour customized with cranberry juicefirst found real popularity and recognition in the mid-1980s, just before Absolut Citron would launch and become its signature vodka.
Neal Murray, Cheryl Cook, Toby Cecchini, and others from South Beach to New York City to Minneapolis to San Francisco all have elaborate stories to support their claims of invention. But we can look back a little further to see the fingerprints of this drink in everything from Ocean Spray promotions from the 1950s through 1970s, to a handful of drinks from the 1930s bearing the same name .
Given its similarity to the combination of vodka, cranberry juice, and lime in the Cape Codder or Harpoonboth creations of Ocean Sprays promotions departmentthat company might have the best claim. But its refinement at the hands of Cheryl Cook, Dale DeGroff, et al, and its posterizing by Sex and the City, made it the standard it is today.
Long Island Iced Tea Variants
Once you have mastered how to make this cocktail, you can vary it by making a Long Beach Tea in which the cola is replaced with cranberry juice while, on the other hand, if you want to make a Miami Iced Tea you have to add also peach grappa.
In Electric Iced Tea, blue curaçao replaces triple sec and creates a drink with a very intense and particular color. Finally, if you prefer an even more alcoholic Long Island Iced Tea, we recommend adding bourbon to the drink to create another variant known as Texas Tea.
Don’t Miss: Twisted Tea Shorts
What Is The Best Vodka For A Cosmo
While purists will insist on a lemon-accented citron vodka such as Absolut Citron , there are more than a few ways to approach the Cosmopolitan. The citrus accents to the vodka are somewhat key, however, unless you want to add lemon juice on your own.
Stolichnaya Lemon is a common runner-up, while Absolut Lime would make for a complementary, semi-creative substitute. Youre only advised to avoid overly expensive sipping or prestige vodkas, whose more subtle qualities would likely be lost in the sour party that is a Cosmo.