How To Score A 91 Or Higher On The Teas Exam And Guarantee Your Seat Into Nursing School
I realized early on that in order to get into nursing school the biggest determining factors were going to be my grades in my science classes as well as what I scored on the TEAS exam.
In fact, at the state school I wanted to get into, 60% of admission was based on my TEAS score.
In August, I scored a 91 on the exam during my first and only attempt and am proud to say I will be starting nursing school at my college of choice in January.
Ive since spoken to many students who want to follow in my footsteps and are pretty lost on how to go about preparing and taking the TEAS test. This post is for you.
Ive also spoken to fellow classmates who just barely made it into nursing school because they scored in the high 60s on the test. There are many others who didnt score well enough to get into their first-choice school.
If you are serious about getting into nursing school like I was, dont wing this test.
I believe this test is less about smarts, and more about proper preparation.
Preparation, I can help you with. Im going to tell you exactly what to do so you too can get a high score on your TEAS exam and guarantee your seat into nursing school.
But before we can get into what to do, there are also a few things not to do.
Three Things Not to Do
1. Do Not Take the TEAS Without Studying
Thats right. Under no circumstances should you take the TEAS test without properly studying for it. This is totally pointless.
3. Do Not Schedule Your Test Too Early Either
What Should I Bring
If you are taking the pencil and paper version of the test you will need to bring several sharpened number 2 pencils and erasers. You will also need to bring some form of legal identification such as a drivers license or passport. School IDs do not count. You may not bring any outside materials such as calculators to the testing site. Food, drinks, and cell phones are also not allowed.
Who Do I Contact If I Have Other Questions About The Administration Of The Teas Test
Questions about TEAS test administration can be directed to the test administrator Lauren Huffman, at 534-7882 or by email . Information about the TEAS test itself can be found from Assessment Technologies Institute LLC by visiting their web site at www.atitesting.com . Questions about Fairmont States use of the TEAS test or its nursing program should be directed to Deborah Hawkins 304-367-4003 or by email to . Questions about Pierpont Community & Technical Colleges use of the TEAS test or its LPN program should be directed to Casey Conaway at .
Recommended Reading: Does Starbucks Have Boba Tea 2021
How Much Time Is Allowed
On the ATI TEAS test you will have 209 minutes to answer a total of 170 questions. In the Reading section of the test you will have 64 minutes to answer 53 questions. In the Mathematics section of the test you will have 54 minutes to answer 36 questions. In the Science section of the test you will have 63 minutes to answer 53 question. In the English & Language Usage portion of the test you will have 28 minutes to answer 28 questions. Although you will answer 170 questions, 20 of these are considered experimental and will not be counted toward your final score. You will not be made aware of which questions dont count.
What Topics Are On The Teas Science Exam
The Test of Essential Academic Skills is 31% science, 31% reading, 22% mathematics, and 16% English and language usage. The TEAS Science section tests students ability to:
- Distinguish between DNA, genes, and chromosomes
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of the immune system and skeletal system
- Describe scientific measurements
- Explain cause and effect among events and processes
Read Also: Is The Teas Hard
What To Expect On Test Day
- Testing staff will check your photo ID, admit you to your test room, and direct you to a seat.
- Physically present proctors in the room are monitoring for odd or disruptive behavior. Do not engage in misconduct or disruption. If you do, you will be dismissed, and your exam will not be scored.
- A four-function calculator will be provided by the testing center. You will not be allowed to use calculators that you have brought from home.
- The proctor will provide you with scratch paper for use during the exam. Scratch paper is not to be used before the exam or during breaks. All paper, in its entirety, must be returned to the proctor at the end of the testing session.
- After the Mathematics section, you make take a 10-minute break. During the break, DO NOT access any personal items.
- If you need to leave your seat at any time other than the scheduled break, raise your hand for the proctor. Time for the exam section will not stop. Lost time cannot be made up.
- If, during the exam, you have a technical issue with your computer, or for any reason need the proctor, raise your hand.
- Test challenges or testing-room complaints should be reported to the proctor before leaving the room on exam day.
What Is A Passing Teas Math Score
The nursing program of your choice determines the score requirements for TEAS. At the end of the exam, students will receive a main or total score that accumulates all four sections . Students will also receive separate scores for each section. Many nursing programs require students to earn a total score of at least 60% 70%. Students are encouraged to score higher than the programs minimum score requirement to increase their chances of admission.
Read Also: Does Green Tea Help With Kidney Stones
Good Luck On Your Teas Test Prep
The TEAS Test is a standardized exam used in the admissions process by many nursing programs in the U.S. The exam is similar in purpose to the HESI. Some students may even have to take both the HESI and TEAS exams.
Both the TEAS and HESI tests are only one factor that schools use in their admissions processes, but it can be an important factor so you should prepare and strive to do well on the test. Using a Test-Guide.com free TEAS practice test is a great start!
Teas Study Guide Customer Success Stories
This is the only study guide I used, and I got a 92. I recommend using the first practice test as a starting point to determine what you need to study, then spend some time studying before taking the second and third practice tests. I really liked that there were explanations for the correct answers. It worked really well for me and have already recommended it to several others.
So far it’s WAY better than the “official” study guide… which pretty much just tells you “your heart pumps blood… Google it” plus then you gotta spend like 100 dollars on 2 practice tests that you can only take once. Plus you can’t beat the free video reviews.
This product in its entirety really help me get the understanding I needed to achieve my goal in passing the Teas test. I’ve taken the test only once before and wish I had this book then. Thank you for the easy break down of study material and can’t wait to give you the passing results. I’m more confident than I was the first time and feel better prepared. I recommend this book to anyone needing to pass the teas test to get into your nursing program. There are also some good reviews from nursing students on you tube about this study guide. Good luck everyone.
Read Also: Dunkin Strawberry Popping Bubbles
Register At Least Two Weeks Ahead Of Time
Another smart TEAS test tip is to register for the exam early. While you can do plenty of independent preparation beforehand, ATI may send you a study guide and other important materials once you do officially register for the test.
Providing yourself with that extra time can help you stay calm and collected as you parse through the study guide materials. Going into the test stressed out will only lead to more stress when it matters most to keep a calm head.
What Topics Are On The Teas Math Exam
The Test of Essential Academic Skills is 31% reading, 22% math, 31% science, and 16% English and language usage. On the math section, students are required to:
- Identify the relationship between two variables
- Interpret and evaluate data from tables, charts, and graphs
- Translate phrases into equations, expressions, and inequalities
- Convert percentages, decimals, and non-negative fractions
- Use estimation strategies to solve real-world problems
- Order and compare rational numbers
Don’t Miss: Dunkin Boba Drink Flavors
Teas Math Practice Test
The Test of Essential Academic Skills is an aptitude test that evaluates students understanding of key concepts and practical skills related to the nursing and allied health field. Many universities and other educational institutions across the country require TEAS scores as a prerequisite for their nursing program. Studies show that if a student performs well on the TEAS, they will more than likely be successful in the program.
|Try Our TEAS Test Prep Course|
Assessment Technologies Institute , with the help of seasoned nurses and allied health professionals, developed TEAS to determine students preparedness for various nursing programs. TEAS consists of 4 sections, science, reading, English and language usage, and mathematics. The math section of TEAS requires students to use algebra, numbers, measurements, and data to solve problems successfully.
What’s On Your Teas Score Report
You’ll receive three different TEAS scores on your report:
- Total Score: This is the score weighed for every section of the test.
- Content Area Score: These will be individual scores for each section of the TEAS test.
- Sub-Content Area Score: These are broken down even further to provide scores for every sub category.
Its important to note that the total score is not the average of all 4 sections. The score is weighed and will be calculated differently for each individual.
Note: The total and content area scores are equated which means they are adjusted to account for differences among the different test versions. Because these scores are “equated”, you can not calculate the total and content area scores from any scores on your score report .
Don’t Miss: Tea Stain Carpet
How Long Does The Test Take
The TEAS test is a timed test. The total testing time for all four test areas is 3 hours and 29 minutes. Most sub-tests are timed to average 75 seconds per item. The amount of time allotted for each sub-test is as follows: Reading 58 Minutes Mathematics 51 Minutes Science 66 Minutes English and Language Usage 34 Minutes
Support For The Teas Online Exam
General customer service before exam day: Contact ATI Support at 1-800-667-7531.
For your product/assessment ID or issues launching your exam: Contact ATI Test Security at 1-844-956-2790.
Issues during the exam: If you experience technical issues after you have started your exam, contact Proctorio directly via the chat option in the Quiz Tools Window.
Recommended Reading: Does Teatox Actually Work
Free Ati Teas 6 Practice Test
Take this free ATI TEAS 6 practice test with all answers fully explained and instant scoring. The TEAS VI is used as an admission exam for nursing schools. It covers science, math, English and reading comprehension.To Prepare for the Actual Exam: ATI TEAS 6 with 1,250 questions Online Flash Cards and Testing Tips. Our material was written by a team of 8 scholars including a Ph.D and 6 masters degreed instructors.
ScienceAnne AustinGioia Degenaars, MSMathAdel Arshaghi, MSLydia WiebergEnglishJessica Carlson, MAJill Mountain, MAReadingMichael Atkins, Ph.D
Ati Teas Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the ATI TEAS?
The ATI TEAS is a required test for applying to the registered nursing program andthe practical nursing program. The ATI TEAS measures basic essential skills inthe academic content domains of Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English andlanguage usage.
2. How do I prepare for the ATI TEAS?
Applicants can prepare for the ATI TEAS with several resources including theOfficial ATI TEAS study manual which is available to purchase ata bookstore or online.
You can find study materials and practice tests for the ATI TEAS on thewebsite at www.atitesting.com.
3. What do I need to know about the ATI TEAS?
The ATI TEAS is composed of 170 multiple choice questions in the areas of:Reading, Mathematics, Science, English and Language Usage.
The ATI TEAS is a computerized proctored test. The test is limited to 209minutes . There are no scheduled bathroom breaks.
4. Where do I take the ATI TEAS and how much does it cost?
Register with www.atitesting.com andcreate an account. The ATI TEAS is given to applicants at the UA-PTC LittleRock-South, 13000 Interstate 30, Little Rock, AR
The cost of the TEAS is $93. Other sites may vary in cost.
5. What do I have to make on the ATI TEAS?
For the RN Traditional & RN Accelerated programs a composite score of 65% ispreferred and 60% is required.
For the practical nursing program a composite score of 55% is preferred and50% is required.
6. Can I use a calculator when taking the ATI TEAS?
Don’t Miss: Peach Snapple Caffeine
What Does The Teas Exam Consist Of
One of the most important TEAS test tips we can give is to familiarize yourself with the exam format so you know what to expect on test day. Youll be glad to hear that the format of the TEAS exam is similar to other standardized tests youve likely taken in your life. According to the Assessment Technologies Institute , the TEAS test consists of 170 multiple-choice questions covering a variety of subjects to be answered in 209 minutes.
The bulk of what youll need to know for the TEAS test is tied to the foundational education subjects commonly found in high school curriculums. ATI shares that the test covers material that students are expected to have acquired from their secondary education in the following areas:
Teas Test Study Guide
Welcome to the TEAS study guide page. The links below will take you through our online TEAS test review.
Watch our TEAS study guide tutorials and brush up on any concepts you dont remember from your college classes. Pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses to get the most out of your studying for nursing school.
If you need more help or additional practice questions, upgrade with our TEAS book and flashcards.
Read Also: Is Black Tea Good For Uti
What Not To Bring On Test Day
Leave the following items at home or in your car, as they are not permitted in the exam room:
- Additional apparel: This includes, but is not limited to, jackets, coats, hats and sunglasses. Discretionary allowances are made for religious apparel. All apparel is subject to inspection by the proctor.
- Personal items: These include, but are not limited to, purses, computer bags, backpacks, and duffel bags.
- Electronics: These include, but is not limited to, cell phones, smart phones, beepers/pagers, calculators , and digital or smart watches.
- Food or drink: This is only permitted as a documented, medically necessary item.
Use Teas Test Prep Resources
While there are plenty of reputable and helpful resources that can help to prepare individuals to take the TEAS exam, its surprising how many people choose not to take full advantage of the availability of these resources. Study guides, practice exams, flashcards, and other test prep materials can truly help you prepare better and ensure you achieve a better score on test day.
Don’t Miss: Does Starbucks Have Boba Tea 2021
How Many Cubic Inches Of Water Could This Aquarium Hold If It Were Filled Completely
This question is asking for the volume of a rectangular aquarium with given dimensions of length, width and height. The formula to determine the volume is: V = l w h
Substitute these dimensions into the formula:
V = 3600
In context, this means that the aquarium shown will hold 3,600 cubic inches of water if it were filled completely.
Preparing For The Teas Exam
Each nursing program candidate is responsible for properly preparing for the ATI TEAS test. Nursing program candidates are advised to recognize the importance of carving out enough time to prepare for the TEAS exam as a way to optimize TEAS test scores potential!
To help you prepare, use these recommended resources:
You May Like: Boba Starbucks Drink
Students Must Register With Ati
- Create an Account with ATI prior to your test date.
- In the Secure Sign On area click on Create an account.
- When a new screen opens, fill in all your blue fields. Blue fields are required to create your account. In the Institution field select “Lincoln Land CC ADN” or “Lincoln Land ALLIED HEALTH.” Please also enter your LLCC student ID number. You must do this before you can test. Please note: LLCC CC ADN testing is only offered on Tuesday and Wednesday. LLCC Allied Health is only offered on Monday. Please be sure you are registering for the correct test!
- Write down your username and password and save in a safe place. You will not be able to take the ATI TEAS® test without them and you will use them throughout the nursing program.
- Register and schedule an appointment for the ATI TEAS® by following these step by step instructions. The cost of the test is $102 and must be paid with a credit card online.