Featured Items You May Like
|9.3 x 9.3 x 23.8 cm 1.23 Kilograms
|Item model number
|Premium Ready-to-Drink Premixed Coppa Cocktails Long Island Iced Tea 70cl
|Best stored in a cool dark place.
|Toorank International Spirits, Edisonstraat 80, 6902 PK Zevenaar, Netherlands.
|Country of origin
A Note About Relevant Advertising
We collect information about the content you use across this site and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and other sites. This is also known as Online Behavioural Advertising. You can find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out here.
Recommended Reading: Whats The Best Green Tea On The Market
How To Make A Long Island Iced Tea
This article was co-authored by Tom Blake. Tom Blake manages the bartending blog, craftybartending.com. He has been a bartender since 2012 and has written a book named The Bartender’s Field Manual. This article has been viewed 499,169 times.
Though iced tea might sound tame, the Long Island Iced Tea is known to have quite a kick since it combines 5 types of alcohol and half the amount of the mixers. The cocktail is also highly adaptable–you can scale down on the alcohol, try different variations of the spirits, or swap Coke with cranberry juice for a lighter summer drink.XResearch source
Read Also: Does Starbucks Have Boba Tea 2021
The Long Island Iced Tea Standard Ingredients
In the following paragraphs, we are going to take a look at the standard Long Island Iced Tea ingredients. Overall, Long Island iced tea contains five shots of alcohol, a sweet and sour mix, and fuzzy drink or juice, according to your preferences
- Vodka When it comes to making Long Island iced tea, it is important to start with vodka. Now, you cannot use the standard vodka the vodka for this drink needs to be good for mixing and blending with other alcohol and ingredients. Therefore, you will need ½ oz of good, mixing vodka. We recommend you use the Finlandia vodka, which is excellent for mixing drinks. It is somewhat strong and has a bitter aftertaste, but in combination with other Long Island ingredients, it creates a perfect flavor.
- Gin Another important Long Island iced tea ingredient is gin. You will need ½ oz of best-dried gin for this drink. Just like the vodka, the gin you use needs to be able to mix well with other alcohol and ingredients. Therefore, we recommend you use the Beefeater gin, which is great because it is both spicy and fruity, and creates a great balance in the drink. This gin is dry but has a wonderful herbal bouquet and a citrus aftertaste. This makes it perfect for the Long Island iced tea. You can also try using the Bombay Sapphire gin, which is also ideal for mixing gin in cocktails.
Dont Miss: What Brand Of Green Tea Is The Healthiest
What Is Long Island Iced Tea
Long Island Iced Tea is a strong alcoholic beverage and one of the all-time great highball cocktails. And, this is in the top 5 most requested cocktails in the world. Ã It is typically made with Vodka, Tequila, Light Rum, Triple Sec, Gin and a splash of cola.
This drink is boozy but delicious and refreshing. This drink has a much higher alcohol concentration than most highball drinks with a relatively small amount of mixer.
Long Island Iced Tea was given its name because it looks like a traditional iced tea by its colour due to the added Cola. There is no actual tea in this drink. It mostly tastes like cola with added orange and lemon juice. So, due to its high alcohol content, it can sneak up on you because it doesnÃ¢â¬â¢t taste the alcohol so much when drinking it.
Also Check: What Kind Of Alcohol Is In Twisted Tea
What Does Long Island Iced Tea Taste Like
Summertime is an ideal time to serve the Long Island Iced Tea, because its taste is reminiscent of iced tea even though theres no tea in it at all. The Long Island Iced Tea features cola, all the white liquors, Triple Sec and lemon juice. It mostly tastes like a cola with orange and lemon juice added.
Captain Morgan Has Amazed Rum Lovers Since 1944
The brand Captain Morgan stands out for its wide range and Caribbean-inspired rum creations with which they have been convincing their customers since 1944. The name Captain Morgan goes back to the same named Welsh pirate Henry Morgan who, in the 17th century, was infamous for his numerous raids in the Caribbean. Always up-to-date and continuously innovative, Captain Morgan is now an absolute authority on the spirits market.
Read Also: Smooth Move Green Tea
How To Make Long Island Iced Tea
You can build your Long Island Ice Tea in the glass: so you dont have to dirty a cocktail shaker or spend time shaking! The only time involved here is measuring out each liquorwhich does take a few minutes because there are so many components! Heres all you need to do to make this easy drink:
- Stir: Pour the components into a highball glass. Add ice and stir.
- Garnish: Add a lemon wedge if desired.
What The Blue Long Island Iced Tea Tastes Like
The Blue Long Island Iced Tea doesnt have the cola from the Long Island Iced Tea. Instead, it has blue Curaçao. That means instead of cola flavor, youre getting orange.
That makes this a delicious and very refreshing cocktail. Its all about the orange and lemon flavors. Oh, yes it has lemon juice, too.
Although you can taste that this drink has alcohol in it, the liquors dont really add much flavor. The rum adds a slight caramel note. The gin adds hints of herbal notes.
The agave flavor of the tequila comes through ever so slightly. The vodka doesnt really add any flavor at all. Its just there for a little more kick.
The Blue Long Island cocktail is a very refreshing drink. But its also one that can easily knock you off your feet.
The alcohol taste is more noticeable than in the normal Long Island. And yet it still manages to sneak up on you.
Read Also: Twisted Tea Hard Iced Tea Calories
Icebox Long Island Iced Tea
1140 mL bottle | LCBO#: 237792
A perfect solution for parties this mix has all the classic flavour of a Long Island Ice Tea cocktail without all the work, all you have to do is add your favourite cola. Medium amber colour aromas of citrus, orange and juniper medium sweet with flavours of orange, juniper and lemon tea.
Variations On The Classic
Recommended Reading: Is Menoslim Tea Safe
A Few Substitute Ideas
What if you dont have the entire laundry list of liquors on hand, but still want to make an LIIT? Here are a few ideas for some substitutions:
- Vodka, tequila, or gin: Leave one of these out and double one of the other liquors. For example, if you dont have gin double the tequila. But try to have at least 3 of the 4 main liquors.
- White rum: Use another type of rum if you dont have white on hand. Aged adds a sophistication to the flavor. Or again, you can leave it out and double one of the other liquors.
- Cointreau: Want a Cointreau substitute? Use Triple Sec, Grand Marnier or Orange Curacao.
Long Island Iced Tea Origin
A slightly different drink is claimed to have been invented in the 1920s during Prohibition in the United States by an Old Man Bishop in a local community named Long Island in Kingsport, Tennessee. The drink was then perfected by Ransom Bishop, Old Man Bishops son. This drink included whiskey and maple syrup, and varied quantities of the five liquors, rather than the modern one with cola and five equal portions of the five liquors.A Long Island Iced Tea is a type of alcoholic mixed drink typically made with vodka, tequila, light rum, triple sec, gin, and a splash of cola, which gives the drink the same amber hue as its namesake. A popular version mixes equal parts vodka, gin, rum, triple sec, with 1 12 parts sour mix and a splash of cola. Lastly, it is decorated with the lemon and straw, after stirring with bar spoon smoothly.Robert Rosebud Butt claims to have invented the Long Island Iced Tea as an entry in a contest to create a new mixed drink with triple sec in 1972 while he worked at the Oak Beach Inn on Long Island, New York. The Adios Mother is considered a variation of the Long Island Ice Tea or a Blue Hawaiian.
Also Check: How Many Carbs In A Twisted Tea
Raspberry Long Island Iced Tea
For something that cuts away at the strong Long Island Iced Tea, try adding raspberry liqueur.
- Raspberries for garnish
Also Check: Where To Buy Green Tea Ice Cream
Blue Long Island Iced Tea Drink Recipe
We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclaimer.
You can just imagine how the Blue Long Island Iced Tea drink recipe came to be. Once upon a time, it must have occurred to someone that the Long Island Iced Tea was nearly perfect. Except for one thing: it wasnt blue.
Don’t Miss: Gold Peak Diet Tea Case
Who Created The Long Island Iced Tea
The story of Long Island iced tea is as sordid as its ingredient list, and its true origin may be lost to history. One Prohibition-era story credits Charles Bishop, a 1930s moonshiner in then-dry Tennessee. Jump to the 1970s, and the concoction’s creation could go to Robert Bott, a bartender from Long Island. Then there is the tale that the Long Island was an original drink of the T.G.I. Friday’s franchise. It is entirely possible that Bishop made the drink and that it was forgotten for a few decades until Bott remade it and gave it the now-famous name. At some point, the restaurant probably caught wind of it and claimed it as their own .
What Is A Long Island Iced Tea Cocktail
Despite the name, Long Island Iced Tea doesnt actually contain any tea.
It is traditionally prepared with the following ingredients:-
Tequila white Tequila, also known as silver and blanco.Rum white Rum, like Bacardi.Gin Bombay Sapphire is one of our favourites.Vodka such as Smirnoff. Triple Sec can be replaced with Cointreau.Lemon Juice freshly squeezed is the best. You can also use freshly squeezed lime juice.Coke you can use diet or regular Coke. Usually served with just as splash, although you can add as much or little as you like depending on how strong you like it!
Read Also: Where Can I Buy Loose Tea
You May Like: Smooth Move Tea Not Working
Classic Long Island Iced Tea
California Residents: Tap Here For Proposition 65 Warning
|WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol
|WARNING: Many food and beverage cans have linings containing bisphenol A , a chemical known to cause harm to the female reproductive system. Jar lids and bottle caps may also contain BPA. You can be exposed to BPA when you consume foods or beverages packaged in these containers. For more information, go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/BPA
You May Like: Bubble Tea Without Tapioca
How Strong Is Long Island Iced Tea
The five liquors make Long Island iced tea seem like a strong drink, but if you do the math, it’s not terribly potent compared to other cocktails. When you pour 80-proof liquors, 60-proof triple sec, and top it with 2 ounces of soda, its alcohol content falls in the 16 percent ABV range. That is about the same as a strong rum and Coke and half the strength of a gin martini.
What Happens If Captain Morgan Long Island Iced Tea Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Dont Replace: For items youd rather not replace, choose Dont replace to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Also Check: Is Smooth Move Tea Bad For You
Ingredients In Long Island Iced Tea
When there are equal parts of five liquors in a cocktail, one liquor should not overpower any of the others. The goal is to achieve balance in the cocktaileven one that packs as much of a punch as the Long Island Iced Tea. To do that, you’ll need quality spirits, but not necessarily high-end spirits.
Top shelf bottles, or small-batch artisanal spirits from the local distillery, can be used in this recipe, but their nuances will get lost in the mix. The LITas a bar server would call itis perfectly happy with the tried and true middle shelf brands of these spirits.
- Tequila: Tequila Blanco is an unaged tequila that’s also known as silver or white tequila. Espolòn Tequila Blanco and El Jimador Silver Tequila are quality value rums that will work well in an LIT.
- Rum: Captain Morgan White Rum or Bacardi White Rum work really well in a Long Island Iced Tea. They’re good rums that don’t break the bank.
- Vodka: An LIT doesn’t need your favorite vodka, just a well-made vodka, like Tito’s Handmade Vodka or New Amsterdam Vodka.
- Gin: Standards such as Beefeaters or Tangueray are perfect for Long Island Iced Tea, as is New Amsterdam Gin.
- Triple Sec: Triple Sec is a sweet, orange flavored liqueur. Cointreau is one brand of well-known triple sec, but feel confident using one that has a lower price tag such as DeKuyper. If Grand Marnier is all you have in your liquor cabinet, it’s a fine alternative even though it’s a blend of cognac and triple sec, not straight triple sec.