Tips To Make The Best Almond Milk Latte
- If possible, use a barista blend of almond milk. Regular almond milk tends to separate when you make the drink, especially when you make it without a coffee maker.
- Utilize a thermometer so that the milk does not burn when you use the steamer. 60C/140F is the recommended temperature. If hotter, you are at risk of a burnt taste latte.
- For additional flavor, you can add sweeteners like maple syrup, vanilla extract, chocolate, pumpkin spice, etc.
- Do not make the latte beforehand unless you plan to drink it chilled or with ice. If thats the case, it can be kept in the refrigerator and covered for up to a month.
- Best served chilled, chill your latte before pouring it into a glass-topped with ice. If you want, add some whipping cream over the top.
Steam The Almond Milk
The next step is to warm your milk. Almond milk and dairy milk are similar to work with. The easiest way to heat it is with a steaming tool. Otherwise, you can do so on the stove. In a small saucepan, heat about 1 ½ cups of almond milk on medium heat. You dont want to bring it to a boil. Instead, whisk consistently in a rapid motion until the milk is hot and slightly frothy. Remove from heat.
Optional: Once removed from the heat, you can add a small portion of the milk to a separate bowl and continue to whisk to create a thicker foam.
What Makes The Starbucks Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte So Good
The holiday season and the smell of baking cookies go hand-in-hand. Starbucks embraces this long-standing cookie tradition with its limited-time Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte that pays homage to spritz cookies.
These much beloved German almond-flavored sugar cookies are popular offerings at festive parties and cookie exchanges worldwide, and they make a wonderful coffee drink flavor as well.
The next time you are in the holiday mood, try this Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte recipe that will bring you a bit of Christmas cheer with every sip.
Don’t Miss: Twisted Tea 40 Pack Price
Almond Milk Latte: How To Make Hot Or Iced
A smooth and creamy almond milk latte recipe you can make at home without any fuss! Ill give you all the tips you need to make both a hot and iced latte using equipment you already have at home!
Last fall my husband and I had the opportunity to go on a Mediterranean cruise without our kids! I know! Amazing, right?!
It was such a fortunate opportunity, and we managed to find childcare with people we trusted, so we went for it.
We started in Venice, and stopped in Croatia, Montenegro, Malta, Sicily, Naples, and ended in Rome.
While we were on the ship, I encouraged my husband to ditch his diet coke addiction, and instead opt for coffee. Id been on his case about diet coke for years.
Hes never been a big fan of coffee, while I could drink it all day everyday!
Our ship had two cute coffee shops where they served the most amazing frothy latte recipes throughout the day.
My husband and I made it a routine to stop in around 2pm and grab a mid-day pick me up. He began asking for an almond milk latte, while I got my regular oat milk latte.
To my surprise, he began loving them! When we got home he stopped drinking diet coke all together, and started drinking coffee to get his caffeine fix in the morning.
That was all well and good, but Starbucks lattes can start adding up when you get them everyday!
What Does An Almond Milk Latte Taste Like
Almond milk lattes have a nutty flavor that is unique and distinct from regular milk or soy milk lattes. The almond taste is not overwhelming, but it is definitely there.
Some people say that almond milk lattes are less rich and creamy than regular or oat milk lattes, but I think they are just as good.
If you are looking for a tasty and unique twist on the classic latte, an almond milk latte is definitely worth trying!
Don’t Miss: Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Creamer
What Almond Milk Froths The Best
The Most Effective Type of Almond Milk for Foaming
Tips For The Best Dairy
- You dont need a frother to create almond milk foam our dairy-free almond milk latte is made with a high-speed blender! Find a guide above in the article for how to froth almond milk using a hand whisk, immersion blender or a couple of other methods.
- A general rule of thumb: the better your blender, the shorter you can soak your almonds.
- Its best to use a nut milk bag to separate the pulp from the liquid when making your own almond milk creamer, but a cheesecloth may also work.
- Instead of espresso, you can also make this vanilla almond latte using filter coffee! We recommend using fairtrade when possible.
- If you want a sweeter version, you can use sugar-free syrups! Heres a homemade recipe by Annie, but there are also many varieties you can get at the store.
- For a more convenient and higher fat version, you can use a teaspoon of almond butter, 1-2 dates and one cup of coffee. Blend until smooth and enjoy immediately!
Read Also: Where Can I Buy Jasmine Tea
What Almond Milk Is The Best For This Latte
The best almond milk to use for lattes is barista blends.
There are a variety of brands, including Almond Breeze, Califa, Silk, and Pacific, that offer barista blends.
These blends are specially designed for coffee use.
The primary distinction between regular almond milk and these blends is that they are thicker, include stabilizers and thickening agents like guar gum, sodium alginate, and locust bean gum.
How Do You Make An Almond Milk Latte Without An Espresso Machine
Also Check: Is Tazo Passion Tea Keto Friendly
What Almond Milk Does Dunkin Donuts Use
Image Source: amazonaws.com
DunkinDonuts almond milk is made with almonds, water, and salt. It is a dairy-free milk alternative that is a good source of calcium and vitamin E.
Almond milk is now the most popular nondairy beverage in the country. This refreshing beverage is made with vanilla almond extract. It is a good source of vitamin D, E, and A for consumers. In honor of Albert Einsteins birthday, a Twitter sweepstakes is being held. The AlmonDD Milk Adventures Twitter Sweepstakes has been created by Blue Diamond Growers in collaboration with Dunkin Donuts and Almond Breeze. On Twitter, followers ofDunkinDonuts and @Breeze Almond will receive a new and exciting challenge on a daily basis based on the theme of almond milk. Through the hashtag #AlmonDDmilk, which is based on the hashtag #AlmonDairy, every time someone uses it, they will be entered to win a $100 coffee gift.
Planet Oat Oat and Dunkin are pleased to collaborate to bring oatmilk to coffee lovers all over the world, and were proud to serve delicious, affordable food and drinks. Oatmilk is an excellent alternative to dairy milk for those who want to avoid animal products, and its creamy, nutty flavor is ideal for coffee. Whether you want a hot latte with almond milk, oatmilk, or coconut milk, or a cold matcha latte with almond milk, oatmilk, or coconut milk, you can find it here.
Almond Milk Latte Or Cappuccino
The main difference between these two delicious vegan beverages is the ratio of steamed milk and foam.
While they have a lot in common, a cappuccino has more foam to cover the surface of your drink while the latte focuses more on steamed almond milk with just a touch of foam on top.
Since we often just eyeball our recipes, the result can end up being somewhere in the middle. It just depends on how well we can turn our warm almond milk into a frothy foam and how much patience we have that particular morning.
Read Also: Where Can I Buy Black Tea
Golden Milk Lattes Options
Iced Turmeric Latte: The iced golden milk version is perfect for summertime drinks. Make the infused turmeric milk recipe and let it cool in a bottle in the fridge. Serve in a tall glass with ice cubes.
Add espresso coffee: In hot or iced golden milk recipe, simply add an espresso coffee to your drink.
How To Make A Sugar Free Almond Milk Latte
If you want to make a sugar-free almond latte, you need to either have a good store-bought almond milk or make your own almond creamer at home.
Our simple recipe below requires only 4 ingredients, a blender and not more than a few minutes to make.
Actually, you dont even need a frother to make foamy almond milk for your latte or cappuccino! We used to have a frothing wand in the past that was admittedly convenient, but when it broke, we just started using our blender instead and have been too lazy to get a replacement foamer .
Luckily, if you dont own a good blender to froth your almond milk, you can use any other method or tool thats available to you. Find a quick guide for that below.
To make a hot and cozily spiced vegan almond latte, you can add some ground cinnamon and cardamom right when making your frothy almond milk creamer or sprinkle them on the foam.
Feel free to omit these spices for a straightforward vanilla almond latte just froth your homemade almond milk using your blender, pour it in a cup and add the espresso shots. Lets take a look at how easy it is to make your own dairy-free creamer!
Don’t Miss: Where Can I Buy Organic Green Tea
Ingredients For Almond Milk Matcha Latte
To make this homemade matcha latte, all you need is 4 simple ingredients:
- Matcha powder: This comes ready in a package, consisting of Japanese finely ground green tea. It has a slightly bitter flavor and vibrant green color from the leaves’ high chlorophyll levels. You just have to sieve it before adding hot water in order to get it to dissolve more easily. That gives it a smooth finish instead of a clumpy one.
- Hot water: This helps to dissolve the matcha tea powder more easily. It works best when a small amount is added and then whisked to get rid of clumps. Then more hot water can be added to the cup and mixed well.
- Almond milk: Although you can use any milk you have at home, plant-based milks like almond milk and coconut milk make for a dairy-free drink low in carbs while providing good flavor and creaminess.
- Torani Sugar Free Coconut Syrup: This is the sweetener of choice, with zero calories per fluid ounce, making it easier to stick to our New Years resolutions.
Ingredients To Make A Homemade Almond Milk Latte
- Unsweetened almond milk Either vanilla or plain almond milk. Many grocery stores now stock a specific barista blend of almond milk, which works the best for this recipe- Use that if you can find it!
- Espresso OR instant coffee Either one full shot of espresso or 2 teaspoons of instant coffee mixed with 2 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Sweetener of choice Optional, but add only if you prefer a sweeter latte.
Read Also: Tea That Helps With Headaches
More Than Just Delicious
While I love to think of us as cool trendsetters, if the truth be told, after enjoying that first one two years ago, I went back to coffee drinks.
Then, a diagnosis of an inflammatory condition. Being a fan of natural medicines, I did a bit of research, and suddenly the memories of the spices in an almond milk turmeric latte came flooding back. The recipes we found were not quite right. However, a few experiments later, and we believe we have perfection.
How To Replace Dairy Milk In Coffee
More and more coffee places around the world are now offering dairy-free milk alternatives for their beverages. Luckily, there are many different kinds to choose from these days!
The classic vegan milk alternative is soy milk. Relatively cheap and ubiquitous, its a very common choice to use for dairy-free lattes but some people just cannot stand the slightest hint of soy in their drink.
Fair enough! Thats why almond milk, oat milk and coconut milk exist.
Honestly, with that delicious variety in plant-based milk alternatives, were often wondering why people even choose cows milk anymore.
But which milk alternative is the best in coffee? There is no one-size-fits-all answer here because this really depends on your taste preference.
One thing is for sure: we like our non-dairy milk to be neither too fatty nor too watery .
You May Like: Does Mcdonalds Sell Tea By The Gallon
Starbucks Iced Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Latte Copycat Recipe
- First, start by making espresso.
- Prepare your espresso from the machine, and pour two shots into the glasses.
- Next, crush the cookies into tiny bits and leave some for later.
- Mix the crushed cookies with almond milk.
- Put ice cubes into the glasses.
- Pour the mixture into the espresso shots and add a tablespoon of vanilla syrup.
- Get your leftover crushed cookies and sprinkle them on top of the coffee.
- Add straws to your iced coffee and enjoy.
An Iced Almond Milk Latte
Recently weve seen an explosion in popularity for the iced latte, perhaps its due to how refreshing it is. Maybe its because you dont have to wait for it to adequately cool before you drink it like a regular coffee? Regardless, keen coffee lovers have been questioning how to make an iced almond milk latte. Luckily its very simple. Whilst you still have the same process in terms of creating the espresso for your latte, from there all you need to do is pour cold almond milk over the top of it, with the addition of ice. Many prefer a larger serving for an iced beverage, so if you fall into this category, simply double your portions. Rather than one shot of espresso, switch it to a double shot and then pour your refreshing almond milk and you have your favourite iced beverage in no time flat.
An almond latte is delicious when served hot or cold and is a delicious non-dairy alternative to try or possibly even replace your traditional coffee. Not only will the milk froth just as well for soft and velvet-like foam, but the beverage is incredibly simple to make. We urge you to contact us today to grab some delicious coffee beans from Corporate Coffee Solutions and go give a delicious almond latte a try.
Read Also: What Is The Best Flat Tummy Tea
Can You Use Almond Milk To Make A Latte
There are two distinct approaches to preparing a piping hot latte with almond milk.If you have an espresso machine or a coffee maker that can manufacture K-Cups, prepare two shots of espresso and one cup of almond milk that has been heated and frothed.Put some espresso in a mug, then pour some warmed almond milk on top.
If you have a coffee maker or a French press, brew one cup of coffee using the strongest setting.
Tips And Tricks For This Easy Chai Latte With Almond Milk
- Not all almond milks froth the same. Milk needs fat to froth so to get almond milk to froth, it does need a little bit of fat. Different brands of almond milks have different fat content so if your almond milk doesnt froth, look for another one that has a higher fat content.
- Okay, so how to froth almond milk? There are a couple different ways that Ive found to work successfully every time. First of all, your almond milk needs to be hot. Once its hot, you can either use an electric frother , or you can froth almond milk in a french press. Pour the milk into a french press and pull the handle up and down vigorously until the milk begins to froth.
- I like my chai lattes strong, thus I steep my chai tea bags in a little water for 10 minutes or so. If you prefer them a little less intense, use more water for less time.
- Feel free to add more spices if you like an extra spiced chai latte. I typically like to use cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
This is what I look forward to each and every morning.
- 1 1/2-2cupsalmond milk
- 1Tbspmaple syrupor to taste
- Reddi-wip® Almond Non-dairy whipped topping
- cinnamonor extra spices for sprinkling on top
You May Like: How Do You Cold Brew Tea